Flowmaster Super 44's no resonators...Loss of Power - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Performance Discussion/Modifications

Performance Discussion/Modifications Discuss any performance modification in this section.

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-02-2009, 02:37 PM

Flowmaster Super 44's no resonators...Loss of Power

I had the resonators cut off my car the other day and had straight pipes welded in where the reso's were. It sounds real good, but now it seems like my car doesn't have the pickup or pull it did with the Super 44's and with the resonators still on? I reset my TCM through predator, and even reprogrammed my 93 CAI tune, but it still doesnt seem as quick... Does the computer need to learn the new parameters for the free flowing exhaust? I wouldn't think a loss of backpressure would cause this, has anyone who has done this already had any issues?
2009 Dodge Charger R/T Deep Water Blue Pearl, Preferred Package, 18" Chrome R/T Rims, Power Sunroof, Remote Start, Auto Dimming Rearview Mirror, MyGig with Lockpick and Backup Camera, Stainless Steel Pedals, Mopar Trunk Mat w/ Charger Logo, Hood Struts, Strut Covers, Hood Seal, HoneyComb R/T Grille, Rear Decklid Spoiler, Rear Air Diffuser, Front Chin Spoiler, Interior LED Kit, Red Painted Calipers, 35% Window Tint, Diablo Predator with Custom Tune, BT Oil Catch Can, Jet 180 Thermostat, Roto Fab Cold Air Intake, Flowmaster Super 44's with Resonator Delete.

Future Mods: 3.23 Gears or Getrag LSD, Headers, Throttle Body, 20" Rims and Tires...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2009, 02:46 PM

I don't see how that could possibly be the case. People who run cut-outs (as in, no exhaust whatsoever pretty much) pick up horsepower, so I have no idea how making yours freer-flowing would generate a LOSS in power. Maybe you're imagining it? I dunno'. If it really did lose power I hope you find out what the deal is.
Greater Houston LX Club: Space City LX Modern Mopar
UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON COUGARS
Old 10-02-2009, 02:51 PM

Mine is fine without the resos no lag at all, maybe give it a few days or so.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:55 PM

i have the same set up an i beat guys with more mods than me . maybe you lose a lil torque but it shouldnt be noticeable ...
Old 10-02-2009, 03:05 PM

Well I pulled my neg. battery cable now and im going to reset everything and redo my predator tunes again, only thing I can think of is the pcm needs to adapt to the change in the exhaust flow... It seems that I have a little more pull at the low end, because my tires break loose easier than before, but when I used to get up in RPM's, after I installed the predator, the car would take off like a bat outta hell, and I seem to be missing that now, but who knows, maybe it is in my head...
Old 10-02-2009, 03:24 PM

Yea give it a week or so for everything to adapt
Old 10-02-2009, 06:56 PM

i have the same setup as well, and just like inky i outrun stock and mild modded lx's all day long
Old 10-02-2009, 07:29 PM

I had Super 44s put on and resonator cut off (Leaving only the small cross connect) and I immediately felt a huge increase in my 5.7 R\T. I have since hooked it up with a predator and some customer tuning and she screams.

Hope your not restricting any air flow anywere.

Curt
Old 10-02-2009, 10:17 PM

well just from driving it around town today a little bit it seems to be getting better, I may have some bad gas in there, or the computer might be readjusting to all the different stuff now.

Thanks
Old 10-03-2009, 10:05 AM

Most likely your computer needs a few hundred miles to adapt properly........I just went from the stock 2.25" Daytona exhaust with resos cut off / longer tips added to a new 2.5" magnaflow catback last saturday........there was a pretty significant loss of power in the low end after install......did a battery pull, re-loaded a fresh tune, and have gone through 2 tanks of gas in the last week putting as many miles on the system as I can.......the car is starting to feel much better..........make sure you drive her hard now that you did the battery pull........ive been abusing mine in autostick (hard downshifts from 5 to 2 in then floorring it, 4 to 1 at different speeds, etc)
2007 Sublime Daytona #667 - FLXC member
now on 24" Status Symbols wrapped in Toyo 265/25/zr24 proxes 4s

Last edited by Sublimeon22s; 10-03-2009 at 10:07 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Performance Discussion/Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.