How to clean or detail my car's underbody? - Dodge Charger Forums
Detailing/Washing/Waxing If you would like to discuss keeping your ride looking as good as it did when it rolled off the assembly line, this is the place to do it.
Sponsored by Mothers Polishes

#1 Old 09-06-2009, 07:31 AM
BlackRT313

(Thread Starter)
How to clean or detail my car's underbody?

I'm just wondering how can I clean the underbody w/o going to the autowash?Advice and comments welcomed.

09 Brilliant Black Charger R/T w/R&T
Mods: 5% tint all over, painted calipers(red), hood struts, strut covers, demolded, rear diffuser, mopar pedal kit, painted tails, painted corner lens, OEM Charger door sills, partial debadge, red hemi badges, Aces IV fuel catalyst, Zoomers w/ x-pipe, Rotofab CAI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-06-2009, 11:20 PM
Junkman2008

As anal as I am about keeping my car clean, even I don't worry about the undercarriage that much! I do have a wand with a long shaft and directional head that I can use but the only person who sees up under there is me when I'm changing the oil.

"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
#3 Old 09-07-2009, 01:06 AM
NArias24

Send a message via AIM to NArias24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
As anal as I am about keeping my car clean, even I don't worry about the undercarriage that much! I do have a wand with a long shaft and directional head that I can use but the only person who sees up under there is me when I'm changing the oil.

SOLDMods22"s, Custom Stripes, Window Tint Limo in Backs, 35 in fronts, Removed Ram from Rear,Blue LEDs Under Dash, Blinker Mod, Auto Headlight Mod, Painted Stone White Interior trim, Blue Halos,HIDsNext ModsPredator Chip, CAI, Exhaust.

2002 VW Golf TDI five speed 4 door
#4 Old 09-07-2009, 05:33 AM
Junkman2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by NArias24 View Post
You know, I thought about that after I posted but I said, "Nahhh... nobody would go there!"
#5 Old 09-07-2009, 07:25 AM
davey28
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

I put the front of the car up on ramps, then take a damp rag and clean front to back. It may be a pain in the a$$.I'm also very anal when it comes to keeping the car and my truck clean.

2006 Dodge Charger SE
3.5L HO Inferno Red; Daytona rims; front and rear spoiler; LED taillights; RT exhaust w/magnaflow resonaters and tips; AFE CAI; BT sill plates, knobs, hood emblem, door bezels, lock pins, oil catch can; 35% window tint; 3M silver metalic pinstripe; gas hood struts; BND ACES IV fuel, oil, coolant, gear oil.
#6 Old 09-07-2009, 07:46 AM
BlackRT313

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
The reason I asked is because the autowash supposedly cleans under there and if we don't go thru the autowash how else would it get cleaned. I would hate to have a brown and deeply corroded underbody. Is getting it sprayed with a rustproof solution worth it or a waste of money?
#7 Old 09-07-2009, 08:26 AM
FurBurger

Here is my experience with the rust proofing!! If you spray the under body every week during the winter then you shouldnt have anything to worry about because you're not letting the salt/sand mixture stay on your car. I had the rust proofing put on my Charger when I was stationed in upstate NY and personally I think its a waste of money if you constantly spray/wash your car. It leaves this brownish crud everywhere they use it and it makes your car stink for a week or two. If I showed you what my engine bay looks like u would think it was filthy but its just the coating of the rust proofing

disreguarding all protocols like my name is Jack Bauer!!
#8 Old 09-07-2009, 10:29 AM
Junkman2008

I wonder if the Rhino liner has something made for the undercarriage? Ain't nothing going to eat past that stuff!
#9 Old 09-07-2009, 11:08 AM
FLEX
Super Moderator

Quote:
You know, I thought about that after I posted but I said, "Nahhh... nobody would go there!"
Yeah right....

And you've been a member here how long???

-=FLEX=-

sigpic by HAZMAN
2007 R/T R&T - "HEMIGASM" - Gone but not forgotten.

2010 SRT8 - SOLO Performance Exhaust, AIRAID CAI, Diablosport Predator Tune, Billet Technologies wheel center caps, catch can, door sill plates, door lock pins, fuse box cover, hood badge, engine bay dress-up kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
FLEX grinds his own coffee with his teeth and boils the water with his rage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Credible Hulk
I always back up my rage with documented sources and facts.
Do you even lift? www.iron-sanctuary.com/forums
#10 Old 09-07-2009, 11:42 AM
Junkman2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLEX View Post
Yeah right....

And you've been a member here how long???

-=FLEX=-
You're right. I shudda known!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Exterior Discussion/Modifications > Detailing/Washing/Waxing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List