getting 22, 24, or 26 inch rims - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Wheels/Tires/Brakes/Suspension

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:29 PM

getting 22, 24, or 26 inch rims

first of all how ezily can i fit each one? i no 22s can fit on it ezily but can i fit 24s or even 26s without having to cut stuff off my car?
and how much will they slow my car down? also how much harder is it to handle? and how much less MPG will i be getting? thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2009, 10:32 PM

My Charger: No it actually isn't
Send a message via AIM to ChargeRonDavinS
26's you'll need to extend your spindles and so some extra fabrication. 24's you will have to shave a bolt (yes even with 25 series tires 9 times out of 10) on the control arm. This is really easy, all you have to do is take a grinder to it and shave it down just past the tread for 25 series, and take about 1/3 the bolt off for 30 series tires (recommended because I just damaged 3 24's... on 30 series tires... but inflation was an issue for 2 of them).

Anyway if you dont plan to put air ride on your car and want to sit on the pavement, and the roads aren't too bad, I'd do 24's. Or do what I did and get a real nice set of 22's (high brand like assanti, USW, Davin, maybe TIS, etc.) I personally respect brand more than size.

Mortgage Professional - Indiana Florida Georgia
2012 F150 FX4 - 24s, 2 10's, Halos/LED Strips, Tinted LED Tails, Pioneer Navi, HIDs (Deathray variety), LED Kit
2013 Fusion Titanium - Tinted tails & Corners, LED strip, HIDs, LED kit, 15% Tint
2003 Explorer XLT 4x4 - 24" wheels, 4 12" Orion HCCA & D5000 Amp, Htd Custom Leather, Pioneer Navi, Orion Doorspeakers & 1200W, LED tinted tails, green halos, HIDs, LED kit, who knows what else.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tresigns Send a message via Yahoo to Tresigns
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny81 View Post
first of all how ezily can i fit each one? i no 22s can fit on it ezily but can i fit 24s or even 26s without having to cut stuff off my car?
and how much will they slow my car down? also how much harder is it to handle? and how much less MPG will i be getting? thanks
24s, you will have to shave down the bolt
26s, you need to extend your spindles. A forum member by the name of Israel has some for sale i think.

Either option... Roll your fenders

MODS: I could rattle on about them all day... Just ask
HOW DO I... EVERYTHING
Old 03-16-2009, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tresigns View Post
24s, you will have to shave down the bolt
26s, you need to extend your spindles. A forum member by the name of Israel has some for sale i think.

Either option... Roll your fenders
x2

2012 F150 FX4 - 24s, 2 10's, Halos/LED Strips, Tinted LED Tails, Pioneer Navi, HIDs (Deathray variety), LED Kit
2013 Fusion Titanium - Tinted tails & Corners, LED strip, HIDs, LED kit, 15% Tint
2003 Explorer XLT 4x4 - 24" wheels, 4 12" Orion HCCA & D5000 Amp, Htd Custom Leather, Pioneer Navi, Orion Doorspeakers & 1200W, LED tinted tails, green halos, HIDs, LED kit, who knows what else.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:54 PM

22s=Cant go wrong!
24s=Nice if done right!
26s=FAIL!

2012 Mustang 3.7 - SRT Killer

1995 Honda Civic - Daily
Old 03-16-2009, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertrev View Post
22s=cant go wrong!
24s=nice if done right!
26s=fail!
roflmao

Old 03-16-2009, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargeRonDavinS View Post
roflmao
You know i'm right

2012 Mustang 3.7 - SRT Killer

1995 Honda Civic - Daily
Old 03-16-2009, 11:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to chad spender Send a message via Yahoo to chad spender
even though mine aren't on yet, I say 22's are the way to go especially when your car goes up and down and your rims don't move when your car moves. trippin out stoners and old folks one block at a time
2007 Silver Steel Dodge Charger SE, 3.5 V6, Hood Struts,De-badged, spoiler, De-molded, BT MOPAR M black Hood emblem, BT black anodized Pistol Grip Shift knob, BT "Old school Charger script shift insert, Spoiler,20% tint. Plasti Dip chrome shifter ring, plasti dipped stock 17's, Daytona R/T dual exhaust! stock reso's deleted and 4" tips installed.20" Black/machined Challenger Replica's. Rockford Fosgate P2 12" subwoofer. 500 watt Rockford Fosgate amp! Matte black hood decal. Grip Tuning Fascia
Old 03-16-2009, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad spender View Post
even though mine aren't on yet, I say 22's are the way to go especially when your car goes up and down and your rims don't move when your car moves. trippin out stoners and old folks one block at a time
ahhhhahahahaha at first I thought you were describing the time I flew off the road when I hit an ice patch!

Old 03-16-2009, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHARGERTREV View Post
You know i'm right
I want 30s

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Wheels/Tires/Brakes/Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.