HELP!..trunk release stopped working - Dodge Charger Forums
Charger Problems/Assistance You having problems with your Charger? Check and see if it is a common problem and get answers here.

#1 Old 03-11-2009, 11:46 AM
pushin it

(Thread Starter)
HELP!..trunk release stopped working

good afternoon bretheren

this morning i go to load my car for work, i hit the button on the remote for the trunk, it worked fine, i get to work hit the button on the inside of the car to release the trunk, it doesnt open, no clicking noise either, so i immediately try the remote, same effect, and being i didnt hear the click that the trunk usually makes , i think its a fuse, so i check the owners manual and there is no listing for a trunk release, wth! so i call the dealership and we all know what they said...brothers can we say it in unison.."bring it in, we have to look at it" so i ask him " how much will that cost?" 'well theres a service charge" he omits how much , and he couldnt tell me if theres a specific fuse for the trunk...i looked through the book thrice, ..nothing... anyone have this problem before?? i decided to post this question here and not on the other forums because here i know i'll get an answer , and not some dumb replies like "why are you using the trunk so much" or other unecessary replies

the great white shark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-11-2009, 05:24 PM
GB49

The fuse may be combined with something else. The stupid owners manual is good for basic mom & pop stuff but not much troubleshooting.

Check this thread I found. Could be fuse 1, 17, 18. Not sure if its in trunk or engine room.

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/...ad.php?t=15768

-GB

http://greatlakesmarinetteclub.com/Charger/signature/sig.jpg
2007 (build date July, 07) Silver SXT
Mods: Magnaflow dual exhaust, AFE II, silver wiper fluid nozzles, silver front license plate frame, sequential turn signals, de-molded doors,de-badged rear rams head, glove box light, upgraded to Sound Group II
#3 Old 03-11-2009, 05:48 PM
meglioed

Open up the trunk with your key and make sure you didnt pull the plug off the motor. If you cant use your key then open the rear seats and pull the manual release. I believe the fuse might be in the trunk as well. Good luck.

2006 R/T....Ram Air Hood...CAI..Dynomax Mufflers..Flashpaq..180 Tstat...FlashTech Amber Halo's. Royal Purple. Traded.

2011 Jeep Wrangler....mods to come. Traded.
2009 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic, Track Pack, 6 Speed Manual, 3.92 rear gear, 20's polished, Leather....
#4 Old 03-11-2009, 05:58 PM
Grave.Digger
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

Thats what I'd do, drop the seats, maybe got something stuck in the latch.

2008 R/T-R&T
#5 Old 03-11-2009, 09:09 PM
pushin it

(Thread Starter)
thanks guys, well i used my key, and it works fine, no problems with the key, so i shut it, folded my seats and used the trunk latch to see if that would work, it did, so the only thing left to do is try fuse 1, 17, 18...keep u posted
#6 Old 03-24-2009, 11:40 AM
Cooter

I had the same issue, checked all the fuses front and rear, pulled the rear latch assembly out and tested it on a chrysler 300 and hit the fob and the release worked. I then went back and pulled the rubber connector from the trunk lid to the car and found a broken wire, put a patch wire in between and sealed it good and hit the remote and I am in business again.
#7 Old 03-24-2009, 12:09 PM
wickedchargerrt
Banned User

Normally its busted trunk wiring from over filling trunks. Its the answer that the most people found to be the cause in all the other trunk release threads at the bottom of this page
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Charger Problems/Assistance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List