Charger Forums banner

Dodge Cares...Help...motor died

3K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  sector 2 
#1 · (Edited)
I was told today my motor had to be pulled apart, or may be just the heads, depending on what they find...major bummer, as this is my work vehicle.

I was also told that it could be at least 2 weeks, maybe longer as they had to pull the motor apart, take pictures and send to Chrysler to verify to be covered under the lifetime powertrain warranty. They said I could need a new motor or even just a new camshaft.

Last week, 04/12, my motor began a loud "rapping" and soon began to
shake and lost power. I had it towed my local Dodge Dealer. I did not have an appointment until the following Fri, 04/15 which was for new tires. My guy "Kimo" said they would look at it on Fri....no problem, as Kimo is great and always takes care.

I understand they can't bump others already w/ appointments. However it has been over a week and the tech assigned it is at testing this morning, I was hoping to speak w/ him to get the inside scoop.

Anyways, Dodge Cares, could you do me the huge favor and follow up for me. Or at least enlighten me on the process...knowing is half the battle. Is this a common thing?

It is at Windward Dodge, Kaneohe, HI, 96744. (808) 233-6000. Last eight on the VIN is: DH599965. Mileage: about 65k.

Aloha,
Andy :beerchug:

PS I change the oil w/out fail every 10k myself....w/QB oil (in the sig). I change the plugs every 25k. I flushed the tranny and changed out the diff gear lube last year. You can eat off my motor. I take exceptional care of it.

See less See more
#4 ·
..thanks Buddy78.....Sorry to seem like a caveman, but I have been on this forum forever and I am not sure how to "tag".

thanx again.

#3 ·
Sorry to hear about the troubles Andy, I hope it all works out for you! :(

#5 ·
Thanks, Ron....long time no talk. I am hoping to get this resolved in a timely manner. Not asking for miracles, I know they are busy. I just like communication, they usually do treat me good.

How's your ride?

take care,
Andy

#7 ·
My year is in the sig thread starter and I stated my miles in the post as well...right? 10k is a lot out of conventinal oils. Not w/ QB oil. Check the oil analysis on the BND forums. I have used QB oil on every oil change in my '07 RT, as well as on this '13 R/T...never any problems. I had 140k on my last Charger.

#10 ·
Perhaps DodgeCares can work something out to get you a loaner car from the dealership or a rental car at a discount.

It can never hurt to ask.

#11 ·
Very true, ColdSteel....awesome suggestion. Thanks.

#12 ·

Thanks for reaching out. I will look into this and get back to you as soon as I am able. Can you DM me a good contact number for you? Thanks! - Kevin T, Social Connect Team

Reactions: sector 2
#13 ·
Well.....after 2 weeks @ the dealer my camshaft finally came in yesterday. I was told it was a 12 hour job. We shall see, I don't want to get my hopes up. Just a shout out to DodgeCares....they got on it right away. I got a phone call from them and were very helpful. Thanks Kevin T. I am anxious to see how it runs after having everything pulled out and reassembled. If she wets the bed, I will lose my mind as it has been over two weeks at the dealer. I think I would request a brand new motor, or just buy a 2016 R/T.

PS.. thanks to everyone who chimed in. I will let you know.

#16 ·
Thanks for the follow-up. Happy to hear it has arrived. Please let us all know how it runs and let me know if I can be of any further assistance. - Kevin T, Social Connect Team

#14 ·
I'm sure they would prefer if you bought a 2016...
Hoping for the best for yours! :)

#17 ·
Yes Ron they would, but my wife....not so much

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.