2007 Daytona with no factory lug wrench

6K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Jonny 
#1 · (Edited)
Wow MoPar.

The factory provided lug wrench does not fit

Those 20's use a larger lug nut.

Fits the jack though.

WTH is with that?

Any registered Daytona owner should be tracked down and provided a lug wrench that fits the factory lug nuts.

Hit some metalic debris bent the rim and blew a tire
along with undercarriage damage.

The 2007 Dodge Charger Daytona came with 20" mags
but Chrysler did not provide the proper size lug nut wrench.
It fit the jack though.

Called MoPar roadside assistance
when the wrecker arrived, they had no tools.

Towed home on a roll back.

Good thing I was not in the desert like Big Bend.

This AM Chrysler will get an ear full.

If they do not make it right

I will do reaseach on all like kind models and see if any loss of life occured when a flat tire was involved.

possible events....

Rape/murder/robbery/assault/hit by other traffic/death from temp exposure waiting for help with no cell phone signal etc.

note to self,check mishaps occuring in remote locations

Like if somewhere a trooper was saying after pulling up to aftermath
well......"she knew how to get the spare and jack out"
"too bad she did not know how to change a tire"

This really pisses me off.

I am sure they have had this issue before.
It should be a factory recall.

See less See more
#3 ·
It could also be your factory lugs have swelled. This is a common problem with Chrysler vehicles. The lugs are two piece and the outer "skin" swells and then you cannot get the factory lug wrench to fit. Not that the factory lug wrench is any good anyway. I would check into all the lugs on the Charger. Replace them with a one piece lug like the Gorilla lugs. (see threads on here) One thing I always do with each car is I buy a breaker bar and heavy duty deep socket that fits my lugs and carry that around. I try not to rely on the factory stuff. Good luck to you. :driving:

#13 ·
One thing I always do with each car is I buy a breaker bar and heavy duty deep socket that fits my lugs and carry that around.
X2... I've done this with my last 6 or 7 vehicles. It only takes 1 time to try and use that crappy lug wrench (no matter the make of the vehicle) and the Mickey Mouse jack included. I have a small hydraulic jack that I keep in a bag in the trunk with the breaker bar, socket, and a few other misc items.

The last time I had tires put on my 07 Charger, the guy doing the work scarred/warped/mangled all but 2 of my OEM lug nuts. I checked with Dodge and was shocked at what they wanted for replacements. So instead, I bought the Gorilla lug nuts and replaced them all.

#7 ·
One of the first things I didi when I brought the charger home was ditch the OEM logs for a solid set

My SRT8 doesn't even have a spare and no way would I use the compressor/tire sealent dodge provides so my car would get a flatbed ride home anyway if I ever had a flat

#15 ·
AAA.

What more do you need?

I ditched the factory crap lugs, which are a FACTORY thing,not just a DODGE thing. It was the same deal with my Ford and Chevy's. They are cladding over steel, they don't last more than a few tire changes without separation or swelling.

Also, I would never trust a modern factory jack or lug wrench...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.