Charger Forums banner

My lease is about to be up and...

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  ChargerPhotographer 
#1 ·
I love my charger (2006 Rt/ Rt black) love the hemi!
My lease is about to be up. my dealer wants to make me an offer on an srt8 but i worry it may be to rich$$$ for my blood. but i know it has been a dream car of mine. but the dilemma is i have never owned a sports car, small light 6speed, and as a car guy i feel like its something i should experience. many people have told me that having a 6 speed in Miami with the traffic and all will drive me insane. 911 turbo is my dream car but its not like we have mountain roads here lol. The Infinity g37 looks like a fun car that can keep the luxury i like with a more sporting feel then the charger? this is an assumption i've never driven one. i was also looking at a 350z BMW 335i, Friends have been saying that me being 6'2" i would not enjoy a "sports" car for its "snug" fit & being so low to the road, any opinions, feed back or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#3 ·
I can testify as to how much fun the 350Z is. my dad has, and he is by no means a small man (6'1", probably about 220, haven't asked), and he says it's one of the most comfortable cars he's ever been in. It's got a 6 speed, and can easily (though not necessarily cheaply) be turbo'd. A big bonus for a small sport coupe. He loves it, it gets very good mileage considering how much fun it is, and he hasn't regretted his purchase at all.

#4 · (Edited)
I love my charger (2006 Rt/ Rt black) love the hemi!
My lease is about to be up. my dealer wants to make me an offer on an srt8 but i worry it may be to rich$$$ for my blood. but i know it has been a dream car of mine. but the dilemma is i have never owned a sports car, small light 6speed, and as a car guy i feel like its something i should experience. many people have told me that having a 6 speed in Miami with the traffic and all will drive me insane. 911 turbo is my dream car but its not like we have mountain roads here lol. The Infinity g37 looks like a fun car that can keep the luxury i like with a more sporting feel then the charger? this is an assumption i've never driven one. i was also looking at a 350z BMW 335i, Friends have been saying that me being 6'2" i would not enjoy a "sports" car for its "snug" fit & being so low to the road, any opinions, feed back or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
If this is your only vehicle, you will want to keep some practicality in mind. For example, a Porsche cayman is fun to drive, but has trunk room for about 1 quart of milk and a half-loaf of bread. The 335 is a nice choice, but will option out slightly more $$ than the SRT8. Need the 335-Sport, which bumps the price. The non-sport versions seem to be going into limp mode after 20 minutes of track time. Ouchy. To me, the 350Z is just too cramped, unless you have an SUV or Sedan as a second car.

#6 ·
not because we are on a charger forums or anything but i seriously think you need to consider the srt. The power is unbelieveable and it is a VERY practical car. I have had all 4 other members of my family with me and everyone was comfortable. When im alone i feel like i have all the room in the world, all the power that is needed and can hardly be used in the ny metro area. Im sure you know about the amout of room since you have one!!! A buddy of mine just got an 08 shelby 350 mustang and its a nice car and all but i feel that the driver is lacking in room compared to the charger, and the weight doesnt feel much different when throwing it around turns. Srt is the best bang for your buck, hands down!

#7 ·
Can you give us a little more info?

What is your driving style, your's, not your friends'?

Will this be your only car?

Do you need to carry large teenagers?

I think a 335i with the Sport Package is a nice compromise between sports car feel and room for 4. It is simply too small for my needs plus I wanted a little bit more power stock.

#8 ·
I would go with the 335i. The engine is very strong and has 3 different upgrades by Vishnu from $895 to $2795 that will either give you 330-350hp or up to 400hp. Now the problem is you said the SRT may be a bit too pricey for you, with that being the case the 335i might be ruled out since it costs pretty much the same amount as the SRT. Good luck on whatever you choose, just make sure it's what makes you happy.

http://www.vishnutuning.com/bmw_335i.htm

#9 ·
Thanks for all the feed back guys. i deff agree with you who vote for the srt8. i drove one this weekend. the power is there. the head turn ability is there. and yes its more practical the slamming through the 6 speeds in rush hour traffic.
this would be my only car. no kids no gf right now (gf's???) and no escalade or comparable suv back up option for grocery getting. i'd need this car for a dd car and a weekend warlord kinda ride. gotta profile up to the club with something nice!
and deep down i think i'm a charger guy. i would hate to be driving around in a new BMW or g37 and wish i would have pulled the trigger on an SRT8. i'm going to do what i can to make that deal work out cause i def see myself in one of those (srt8). also turns out my lease isn't up till aug so i have a bit of time to think this one over.
oh and i love the charger forum. its a fun part of being a charger owner that i never new would be such a kick a$$ part of having the car.

#10 ·
i would pick the challenger srt8 or the new 335i those cars are just insane.

#12 ·
i think you will make the right decision with the srt... i have ridden in the 335 and feel it is MUCH smaller than the charger. i think you would be disappointed unless you stepped up to a 5 series, but to get the sporty feel you would have to get the m5, which is nice, but you would have one heck of a bill

#13 ·
yeah i was talking about the coupe. and yes i have a feeling the big srt8 is the right move. M5 would rock! but yes lots o cash for that ride

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.