Charger Forums banner

Extended remote start

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  DodgeCares 
#1 ·
I have a 2012 RT and the remote start on it is pretty disappointing. For some reason I can unlock/lock my doors further away than the remote start. When I am walking to my car after work hoping for it to kick on it does me no good when I am 20 ft away. Is there a way to extend the signal so I can get a further remote start?

#2 ·
I am surprised to see that! I could remote start my 2012 from at least 300 ft. away with the key FOB, and I am seeing the same range on my 2015. There must be something wrong with it. Did you always have that poor range.

When your battery starts to get old you could start having issues with the remote start so that is something you should check.

GTO_04

Reactions: Playhard
#3 ·
Exactly what he said. At church, for example, I am at least a couple hundred feet away and inside and I can start it just fine. The only issue, besides weak batteries that I could think of would be interference from the building you are in. For example, once I get about 10 feet inside a WalMart, my cell phone gets no signal. However, if you are outside and in clear sight of your car it should work just fine. I would try a brand new battery for the FOB first and see if that helps.

#4 ·
I would definitely give the above suggestions a try, 2fast4u2013. There is no way that I am aware of, personally, to actually extend the remote signal's reach. Keep us posted on this!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.