Charger Forums banner

does anyone lease?

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  noggy_t_doggy 
#1 ·
I'm just curious if anyone leased their Charger.

#4 ·
I leased a Chevy Tahoe about 7 years ago. and it was the biggest mistakes We made. If we would have just spent 50 more dollars a month we would owned it.I think leasing is good if you just want a car for 1-2 years but if you plan on keeping it just purchase one. The charger is a keeper

#6 ·
Now, now - There are good reasons to LEASE.

My Daytona is a company car :santa: (They were going to get me a 300C, but I talked them into the Daytona!),

My deal is in 3 years the car can be bought for $19,500 - which I will probably do. In the meantime, payments on a fully loaded Daytona are $585/mth. I am lucky in that my company is picking up the insurance also.... :happy:
(that INCLUDES headers and a CAI system dealer installed - sick huh? :wink: )

Anyone else get a lease/buy deal?

#7 ·
leasing a car only works if you own your own busniess and can use the lease as a write off... and dont you dare drive more then the total miles stated on your lease contract... also, dont modify the vehicle in any way....

Basically... unless you own your own business/supplied company car... or by signing a lease contract is the only way you can afford to have a charger in the driveway.... buy it... :D

#8 ·
DFWDaytona said:
Now, now - There are good reasons to LEASE.

My Daytona is a company car :santa: (They were going to get me a 300C, but I talked them into the Daytona!),

My deal is in 3 years the car can be bought for $19,500 - which I will probably do. In the meantime, payments on a fully loaded Daytona are $585/mth. I am lucky in that my company is picking up the insurance also.... :happy:

Anyone else get a lease/buy deal?
wow that is a trip but will the car be your yours at the end. sounds like the car belongs to the comp.

#10 ·
DFWDaytona said:

I just threw-up a little in my mouth after reading that, I am soooooooo jelous (sp) its not funny.

#11 ·
I don't mean to make anyone sick - I can barely believe it myself! ( of course I've worked sick hours the last 6 months on some important deals we closed - this is kinda a thank you....)

Just FYI, if a company is going to give you a raise, everyone wins by them giving you a car as part of it. It is a business writeoff for the company, and you don't pay all those taxes before you make a car payment.

More miles can be purchased over the 12,000 in a typical lease - otherwise you have to pay more at the end for excess miles.

My car is owned by the company now, but at the end of 3 yrs I have the option of buying it at the agreed price. The performance mods I am doing are being done by the dealer, so warantee and support aren't an issue.

I doubt I could get them to put on a supercharger, but there are plenty of dealer installed Mopar options.

#12 ·
I own my own company so of course I lease.

In a perfect world it works like this:

1) lease the car in the company's name
2) max out the lease payment so you pay as much as possible, say 800/month thus minimizing the buyout
3) the company pays the lease and writes off 100% of it
4) at the end of the lease the buybak is $1 and I buy it out personally and keep it

Of course the $1 buyout is unrealistic, but you get the picture.

And modding the car is fine as long as you are sure you are going to buy it out.

#13 ·
When I bought my Silver R/T I asked to see how much would've been the lease and the difference was not that much at all. I was planning to keep it anyways so we ended up financing.

#14 ·
jpagan said:
When I bought my Silver R/T I asked to see how much would've been the lease and the difference was not that much at all. I was planning to keep it anyways so we ended up financing.

I also worked out the difference. Assuming I was buying the car at the end of the lease with cash the difference between leasing and financing was less than a $1000.

In that sense, it's almost like financing the car but holding on to your downpayment till the end of the transaction.

Personally, I dislike leasing. From a business perspective you can't go any other way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.