Minor electronic annoyance - Dodge Charger Forums
Audio - Alarms - Navigation - Electronics Member discussions about Charger audio, alarm and navigation systems and other electronics take place here

post #1 of 5 Old 03-20-2017, 05:35 AM Thread Starter
drynoc

(Thread Starter)
Minor electronic annoyance

I unlocked my 2014 RT from inside the house yesterday and then didn't take the keys outside with me. By the time I got to the car, it had re-locked itself. I had to go back inside, get the keys, and take them outside with me. And yes, I know it was unlocked the first time - I could see the door buttons pop up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-20-2017, 03:54 PM
DragonRules

Garage
My 2013 R/T has done the same thing to me. Unlocked it, got distracted by my wife, went outside a few minutes later and it was locked.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current: 2013 R/T R&T Daytona Blue #0581 (bought on 5/19/16)
Previous: 2008 R/T Steel Blue (traded on 5/19/16 with 98k miles)
post #3 of 5 Old 03-20-2017, 06:00 PM
13Daytona1625

Garage
I think it automatically relooks it self after a few minutes. Mine has done the same. Not much of a big deal to me.

post #4 of 5 Old 03-21-2017, 01:01 AM
djalbin

Excerpt from the Owner Manual ...
If the vehicle is unlocked by the RKE transmitter or Passive Entry and no door goes ajar within 60 seconds, the vehicle will re-lock and if equipped will arm the theft alarm.

2012 R/T with Road&Track and Super Track Pak
22"x9.5" Versante Wheels (VE226A), 265/35ZR22 Goodyear Eagle GT tires
Airaid CAI, HHP Billet Tech catch can
Flowmaster 40-series mufflers, Magnaflow resonators (12" glasspacks)
DiabloSport i2 inTune with HemiFever custom tune
post #5 of 5 Old 03-21-2017, 01:19 AM
Buffalocharge13

Id say this is a good thing. Imagine you kept going and drove away with no key..what would happen?

Watched a video where a driver tossed his fob out the window and was only notified after he reached the dedtination and tryed restarting the car.

Different make and model so not sure what chargers do but most of the updated car convienences im trying to get used to are a waste of technology imo. Ill take twisting my wrist slightly if it means not having my key fall out my pocket or somthing and sitting on the floor for anyone to unlock the by simply pulling the handle and of coarse driving away.

Time for owners to start demanding options that are less convient but make the car more reliable? Wipers that wipe when a sensor detects rain lol. Where is it? and how much if it breaks? Its already out of hand bigtime.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Audio - Alarms - Navigation - Electronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List