2018 Dodge Demon - Dodge Charger Forums
General Charger Discussion General Discussion about the Dodge Charger.

post #1 of 22 Old 03-18-2017, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
frank1966

(Thread Starter)
2018 Dodge Demon

http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/new...icle-1.3000439

I heard 80-90K, must be a lot of chatter on the challenger forum, 800+ HP? I take it this car will not be a daily driver! Will we see a charger Demon?

I am amazed that dodge keeps going up the HP wars. Who will buy this car? I don't know the percentage but it has to be at least 90% of charger buyers are buying trims lower than SRT. Since ive owned dodge, I have only seen 3 SRT's and 1 Hellcat over 4 years of daily driving.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2015 SRT B5, Tech/Nav, black roof, Matte black hellcat wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 03-18-2017, 01:27 PM
JCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank1966 View Post
http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/new...icle-1.3000439

I heard 80-90K, must be a lot of chatter on the challenger forum, 800+ HP? I take it this car will not be a daily driver! Will we see a charger Demon?

I am amazed that dodge keeps going up the HP wars. Who will buy this car? I don't know the percentage but it has to be at least 90% of charger buyers are buying trims lower than SRT. Since ive owned dodge, I have only seen 3 SRT's and 1 Hellcat over 4 years of daily driving.
I suspect there will be more buyers than you think. Those that have Hellcat Challengers may just want to trade in for a Demon assuming it'll be street legal. I've seen at least a half dozen Hellcats and countless SRT Chargers and Challengers locally but this is likely due to the technology and corporate business sector we have around here. Hell, our CTO drives an Audi RS7 (drool...).

2016 Dodge Charger R/T
2014 Dodge Charger SE 3.6 8AT (aka "Dirk") -- Traded and missed
2015 Jeep Renegade Latitude 2.4L 4x2 9AT (the wife's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, aka "Boop" as in Beep Boop Jeep)
post #3 of 22 Old 03-18-2017, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
frank1966

(Thread Starter)
It will be street legal with street legal drag radials so I've read. I see chargers around here everyday just not the higher trims.
post #4 of 22 Old 03-18-2017, 04:08 PM
ttonyy

It will be interesting to see the sales numbers. At least the Hellcat has all the luxury items and suspension upgrades to go along with the hp. I believe the demon will be pretty bare on the inside and tuned for a straight line. If I had 80k to spend I'd probably stick with the Hellcat. Although for a daily driver I wouldn't need more than a 5.7.

2015 Charger Pursuit 5.7 AWD | Nenno civilian console | Spotlight delete | Infinity Reference Speaker Replacement
post #5 of 22 Old 03-18-2017, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
frank1966

(Thread Starter)
I also heard it will be AWD. If that is true than why not SRT or hellcat AWD?
post #6 of 22 Old 03-18-2017, 06:16 PM
Hazmat11

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank1966 View Post
I also heard it will be AWD. If that is true than why not SRT or hellcat AWD?
Nope, not going to be AWD. In one of the videos they show a large crate that all owners will receive. In the crate are front skinnies for the drag strip.

That's an RWD car for sure. HP is indeterminate at the moment and based on the movies showing the SRT pages, the power graphs are running much higher than 800.

It's all speculation and guessing at this point until Dodge releases actual figures.

2016 Charger R/T Scat Pack
2014 Charger R/T Blacktop
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser

I can teach it to you but I can't understand it for you.
post #7 of 22 Old 03-18-2017, 09:22 PM
Telco

Read something on this last week. Over 900HP, only has a driver's seat. RWD.

What I'm looking forward to finding out is if the factory warranty is voided if the car is raced. I'm not interested in getting one though. If I had the money I might be willing to go with a Hellcat (although I'd likely not go with more than an SRT) but I'm not interested in an 80,000 dollar car that's only good for drag racing. I can build one for quite a bit less that I wouldn't have to worry about if the guy next door lost control and ran into it.

2016 Charger RT Road & Track
5.7L 8 speed auto B5 blue/black
Super Track Pak, HD Brakes
post #8 of 22 Old 03-18-2017, 10:10 PM
isaacmaple08

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telco View Post
Read something on this last week. Over 900HP, only has a driver's seat. RWD.

What I'm looking forward to finding out is if the factory warranty is voided if the car is raced. I'm not interested in getting one though. If I had the money I might be willing to go with a Hellcat (although I'd likely not go with more than an SRT) but I'm not interested in an 80,000 dollar car that's only good for drag racing. I can build one for quite a bit less that I wouldn't have to worry about if the guy next door lost control and ran into it.
Heard the same about the seats, Dealer here says Carpet is even an option. I kinda doubt that. At this point noone really knows for sure until April. The latest performance pages video shows the clock at 7:57 there are a lot of numbers in these videos. Currently the thought is that it will be 757HP at the wheels. That'd be pretty awesome.

I'm sure the Warranty could be voided if they find evidence of racing. It really just depends on the Dealer. I remember there being something a few years back about a lot of Viper guys getting pissed that their warranty was voided for some time at the track. Something about a PCM "tattletale" or something they could look up to see RPM statistics and stuff.

With some of these dealers looking for any reason to void a Hellcat warranty, It wouldn't surprise me at all if they do the same on the Demon.

That's the main reason I'm holding off before tuning and adding a pulley to mine. Really don't want to buy an $8k supercharger if the bearings go bad.

2015 Charger SRT 392 - LMI CAI, BT Catch Can, 180 Tstat, Diablo-Modified PCM, Custom Dyno Tune - SOLD

2016 Charger Hellcat - LMI CAI, BT Catch Can
post #9 of 22 Old 03-19-2017, 04:28 AM
RAINMANyeh

Garage
It should be interesting to see what the final production HP numbers are. There was some recent buzz around the newest videos released that the Demon may have 757 HP. Since they were saying "a Hellcat on steroids", I was figuring they might shoot for 1,001. With the Hellcat having 707, all the hype doesn't seem justified for 757.

The Demon does appear to be a more bare bones and a concept fro when the muscle cars of old were first available with big blocks and the "delete delete delete" option to eliminate weight.

2017 TorRed Scat Pack - The Hive is Alive
1969 Plymouth Road Runner

- You call it "Road Rage". I call it "Aggressively maneuvering around idiots who don't know how to drive".
- You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a HEMI and that's kind of the same thing.
post #10 of 22 Old 03-19-2017, 06:39 AM
06Daytona

I don't think Dodge builds these for profit. If they do get some, well that is a bonus. Marketing 101 boys!

Top Banana Daytona #2700/4000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List