6.4 intake manifold install (2013 RT+ Blacktop) - Dodge Charger Forums
Performance Discussion/Modifications (2011 +) Discuss any performance modification in this section of Dodge Charger Models 2011 and up.

post #1 of 95 Old 03-09-2017, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
LBCharger562

(Thread Starter)
6.4 intake manifold install (2013 RT+ Blacktop)

Hello all! I have slowly been gathering all the parts required to successfully do the swap and I am happy to say that I am finally ready to do my first big performance mod!! I have done plenty of small mods to my car before but never something like this. I have the SRT pages unlocked thanks to my tranzformer and have had torque readings north of 420 so i am definitely excited to see the gains I will get.
I am going to go have breakfast and then get started on the wiring. A bit hazy on how to wire it correctly but I think I have a pretty good idea how it goes. I will most likely get stuck on something so If anyone has done this before I will gladly take all the tips and advice you guys give me! Thanks in advance and wish me luck that i don't mess anything up lol
Also big thanks to Tacamo for taking the time answering some of the questions I had a few weeks back with this mod.

Last edited by LBCharger562; 03-09-2017 at 12:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 95 Old 03-09-2017, 02:45 PM
Mangoman

That 2nd pic is UGLY! LOL!

Good luck watching with intrest.
post #3 of 95 Old 03-09-2017, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
LBCharger562

(Thread Starter)
Lol my phone has pretty much crapped out on me so i took the picture with my old tablet with a horrible camera . I have the wiring pretty much done and currently soldering the wires. I have plans for tonight so I won't do the actual install until tomorrow. Pretty simple actually once you get everything out in front of you. Will post more once I finish this.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

post #4 of 95 Old 03-10-2017, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
LBCharger562

(Thread Starter)
For those of you creeping and following. I got the manifolds swapped out today. Long night out yesterday and ended up waking up at 3pm lol. Everything bolted up perfectly. Still need to make extensions for the MAP and IAT sensors to reach the bigger manifold. Ran out of sunlight so I couldn't finsih up the wiring. I work overnights so if Im not too tired at 7am when I get home Ill wire everything up. Guess im taking my gfs car to work tonight lol. Stay tuned!

post #5 of 95 Old 03-11-2017, 04:54 AM
Mangoman

I meant all those wires, wiring sucks.
post #6 of 95 Old 03-11-2017, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
LBCharger562

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangoman View Post
I meant all those wires, wiring sucks.
It wasnt as bad as it looked lol I honestly felt intimidated at first but pretty easy once you start.
Finally finished the complete install! Took it out for a spin earlier and it felt a bit sluggish. Came back home and noticed my settings were off on the RPM switch. Fixed the settings and went around the block and felt a huge difference! I didnt take it out far since I couldn't really step on it due to traffic. I been awake for 22 hours so im going to call it a day and will report after my drive to work tonight. Butt dyno sees a small increase which is impressive to me since Im getting better torque readings than i normally do (I usually monitor these things OMW to work at night when its usually in the 50s and its currently in the low 80s). Definitely can feel the torque down low I wonder how it feels up top. I did have an Airhammer before (will post for sale soon) so im not expecting much up top. Cant wait until my drive to work tonight!!

The Following User Says Thank You to LBCharger562 For This Useful Post:
tacamo01 (03-11-2017)
post #7 of 95 Old 03-11-2017, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
LBCharger562

(Thread Starter)
Ohh and list of contributing mods for comparing reasons for those interested in doing this mod
LMI 392 Short Ram CAI, Custom H piped Powerstick Exhaust, Canned 91 Diablo tune with slight adjustments, and Tranzformer shift kit. My charger also had the Blacktop package which includes the 3.06 gears. Im running a stock cam as well (for now) and stock exhaust manifold.

post #8 of 95 Old 03-11-2017, 02:04 PM
Mangoman

You NEED SRT manifolds and midpipes! There's a dude selling a set here in the for sale section. This will make HUGE improvement! Now that you're getting more air in your still trying to exhale through a straw! Those 5.7 manifolds are stupid restrictive!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mangoman For This Useful Post:
chief455 (03-11-2017), LBCharger562 (03-11-2017)
post #9 of 95 Old 03-11-2017, 02:10 PM
chief455

good mod, and Tacoma01 helped me with entire install instructions!
I never did the intake swap, I put the entire 6.4 engine in by mistake

All I can say is, get a tune by Johan, canned tunes suck. You'll feel the car then. make sure you have the active runners at the correct rpm, and Johan knows about all mods.
good luck!!
The Following User Says Thank You to chief455 For This Useful Post:
LBCharger562 (03-11-2017)
post #10 of 95 Old 03-11-2017, 02:16 PM
chief455

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangoman View Post
You NEED SRT manifolds and midpipes! There's a dude selling a set here in the for sale section. This will make HUGE improvement! Now that you're getting more air in your still trying to exhale through a straw! Those 5.7 manifolds are stupid restrictive!
this makes sense, but for the work involved, long tubes will yield better results. Depends on your budget and long term goals.
If you go SRT manifolds/mids - be patient - $400 is steep.
I sold mine all for $150, others offer them nearly as cheap.

And a Fastman 84mm throttle body will round out your set up
The Following User Says Thank You to chief455 For This Useful Post:
LBCharger562 (03-11-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Models (2011 - Up) > Performance Discussion/Modifications (2011 +)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List