Charger Forums banner

Changing spark plugs.

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  PlumCrazyDaytona 
#1 ·
Plan to change my spark plugs in the near future. My buddy has the long reaching socket device that he used to change his on his civic. Will this work on the Charger? Also, would Champion Double Platinum be a good choice?

#3 ·
Stick with the stock coppers. RE14MCC4
Get them from www.sparkplugs.com to save a couple bucks
use antisieze.
I use a tapered spark plug FLEX socket and another flex head to that, then an extension and ratchet.

You can literally spin them in and out easily and do so with the fear or crossthreading. This will work very well for the 7 and 8 cylinder too.

Just ordered a new set myself...time to check the front door :D

#4 ·
I used a 3 inch extension and a spark plug socket. Didnt need anything else other than the 10MM socket to remove the coils. Use antisieze and dialectric grease for the top of the plug.

#5 ·
I just did mine a few days ago and used the iridiums. They are more expensive, but last longer, so you will not need to change them as often.

I used a standard 5/8 spark plug socket with the rubber piece, a 3" extension, 10mm socket, and a universal joint. I also found a 6" extension was useful for a few of the plugs as well. Don't forget anti seize and dielectric grease on your plugs before you put the new ones in.

#6 ·
GUys how many miles do you have in your cars is is that high that a spark plug change is needed. These cars are made to carry mnay miles prior to changing out f it is some sort of performance gain you seek well ok but just curious on cars that are just changing out because of miles

#7 ·
30,000 miles and it's time to change them

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.