Charger Forums banner

Deals on 2012s?

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  DecepticonLockdown 
#1 ·
With all the 2012 SRTs sitting on lots, and being well into 2013 production, what kind of deals do you think can be had on the '12s?

I'm asking because I don't have experience in such situations where the cars are a year old and the next model year is only a few months away.

#2 ·
It's always a great time to buy a car after the new models are coming out. Check with Edmunds.com and other sites to see if there are any rebates for the car you want. SRT's rarely have rebates but I have noticed lease rebates on the 2012 SRT's and Super Bee's. Your best bet is with a 2012 yellow super bee. They were late availability and nobody will take a chance on the yellow color for some reason. Dealer will discount the cars but take their advertised price with a gran of salt as it can be misleading.
Randall
p.s. Your member name is familier. Are you from the North Texas area? Do you own a 3000gt?

#3 ·
There's $2500 cash back in Canada right now (all SRTs except Viper included) on all 2012s and 2013s. Check and see if your company has Preferred Pricing; that's good for another few k.

FYI: there's not much room between invoice and MSRP on the SRTs. Margins are tight, and dealers will treat as such. That being said, you can still find deals under invoice.

Be patient, send out some feeler emails, and see what's out there.

#5 ·
Typically, the longer they sit there the more the price will come down, but even similar equipped vehicles will vary by dealer depending on the dealers current inventory and how motivated they are to move the older models off their lot. The last time I purchased a vehicle from the previous model year I visited 3 different dealers that had the vehicle I wanted and told them how much I was willing to pay. They all told me no. I left my name and number with the salesman and told them if they ever do come down to my number give me a call. 3 weeks later one of them called me and said they dropped the price to just above what I offered and I went in and picked it up.

#6 ·
I can't get any better deal on a 2012 than a 2013 at this point. It is weird. There seems to be 1-2+ SRT8s at every Dodge dealer within 100 miles of me but there is no big movement off on these. With gas prices going from very high to crazy high as summer approaches, they're going to need to start throwing some factory incentives in to get the remaining 2012's gone by the time the 2014's hit lots.

#8 ·
Okay, I found my 2012. From what I've seen, some folks have 'gotten out the door' around $5K below MSRP. So the car I want has an MSRP of $50,455. I have some negative equity on my trade to factor back in but if I'm out the door at $45,455 plus the negative equity amount, that's a good deal, right?

In my mind, I've got to do about $3K better to go with a 2012 vs a 2013. Sound about right?

#9 ·
What not to do

I factory ordered my Superbee the 1st day it was released. I went to westburt Dodge in Long Island NY. The greedy bastards wanted $10,000 over sticker. I cursed them out and left. Since they were only making 1000 of them, I went the next day to another dealer and paid MSRP $41,300. They would take 1 cent off - still better than $10K over sticker.

Looking back, as of today (Feb 27, 2013) there are still 240 2012 Superbees still on the lots in the US.

The one in Westbury Dodge sat there for 6 months. - Greedy bastards

Even though there are plenty of 2012's left, I doubt they will go for below $39,000.

I wonder - what would happen to a new 2012 Superbee in say 2014? Would it turn up at AVIS or HERTZ as a rental? End up as a NYC Taxicab? Sell for $30,000. With 200+ still left - this could happen.

#10 ·
I factory ordered my Superbee the 1st day it was released. I went to westburt Dodge in Long Island NY. The greedy bastards wanted $10,000 over sticker. I cursed them out and left. Since they were only making 1000 of them, I went the next day to another dealer and paid MSRP $41,300. They would take 1 cent off - still better than $10K over sticker.

Looking back, as of today (Feb 27, 2013) there are still 240 2012 Superbees still on the lots in the US.

The one in Westbury Dodge sat there for 6 months. - Greedy bastards

Even though there are plenty of 2012's left, I doubt they will go for below $39,000.

I wonder - what would happen to a new 2012 Superbee in say 2014? Would it turn up at AVIS or HERTZ as a rental? End up as a NYC Taxicab? Sell for $30,000. With 200+ still left - this could happen.
It is a good time to pick up a Superbee, The stinger yellow ones that are still out and about are getting full incentives on them to get them out the door now. I had mine knocked down to just below 38k so the dealer could get it out their door. To them it was just a bright yellow eye sore at this point, they have no trouble moving regular SRT8's but no one would take the Superbee in that color with the 'lack of options' that the reg SRT8's had. Shame really. Good for my pocketbook though. :beerchug:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.