Charger Forums banner

Can I install my own catch can?

4K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  Cpl_Hudson 
#1 ·
Just wondering about installing a catch can. It is going to be my next mod. Question is, is this something that I can install myself. I have limited mechanical knowledge. Which means, I have none. :) Can a self taught handyman like myself install it. I'm up for the challenge. In addition, what pieces other than the Billet Tech catch can do I need to order to do the install?

Additionally, what does installing a catch can mean as far as oil changes and daily maintenance?

#6 ·
much dumber people than you install them everyday :grin:

#8 ·
Very easy, all parts come with it. I ordered the standard bracket (no cost option) which is just a threaded tube that screws onto a very prominent bolt. You can dress it up with the optional braided hose but I think standard rubber hose comes with it which would work just fine. You will want to route the hoses as low as possible so they don't prevent you from re-installing the engine cover. If you follow the instructions and only screw it on four turns you wil be fine - I screwed mine on 6 turns at first and it caused interference with the thermostat housing. Good luck!

#9 ·
Toss an instant pizza in the oven before you start and you'll have a snack when you're done. Actually you'll probably need to wait for it to finish and cool off. Oh well. It's still pizza. :hungry:

#11 ·
It's so easy even he can do it:

#13 ·
I'm a ase certified master tech.
I had to have the kid down the street install mine

#14 ·
Zombie thread...

Where the hell do I put it? The pictures that came with the BT Catch Can reference the 6.1. I have no idea which hoses it's talking about.

The "How Do I Everything" thread references 3.5 and 6.1.... I haven't found any 5.7 write ups with photos.... Any help?

#15 · (Edited)
You have the 2009? Pretty sure they moved the air silencer. The rubber grommet is part of the air silencer mount... That's right where the BT Catch can goes, where the big honking air silencer now resides... remove the air box assembly and you have this, minus the blue silicone.. of course... :

Here is my catch can placement:

I shortened the hose, and used a modified air compressor coalescing filter.
I had to shorten the hose and add a plastic liner (1/2" OD tubing) because my hose kept collapsing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.