Charger Forums banner

Plastic Covering For The Bumper and Hood

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  maximus 
#1 ·
Can anyone tell me where to find the plastic paint protection covering for the car. And where in Houston I can get it installed?

#2 ·
Butter06 said:
Can anyone tell me where to find the plastic paint protection covering for the car. And where in Houston I can get it installed?
If you are talking about the clear bras which protect your front-end and even side mirrors from chips, bugs, and other nasties that wear at your paint, then the answer is most shops which do window tinting.

From what I understand (this is only from word of mouth) that Llumar and 3M are the two products that have the clearest film. Choose wisely and inform yourself before spending your money (and gluing plastic sheets to your paint job).

#5 ·
ChargerSXT said:
Are generic/universal kits also available? I would like to have them for the bottom of the door sills. Mine are already scratched. :mad:
You should be able to buy this material by the foot (I would think) and cut it to any shape you want. I have applied the material to headlights before. It's not too difficult on flat surfaces. I applied it wet, and then used a heat gun and pushed the water out. You can find it on the internet, or just go to a local tinter and ask him to buy a couple of feet.

#9 ·
There are several manufactuers of this type of product. No two are alike when talking details. One looks great and installs well and the others tend to have an orange peel look and are more difficult to install. Based on how this is installed you may want to consult with a local installer. a Llumar exclusive brand is what is installed on my vehicle and so far it has done well. I had a gator back from a tractor tire hit it the other day and no damage to the paint and it cleaned up well. This product is recommended for professional install for a professional look. It removes quite easy to replace after years of road abuse. Certainly a great way to help you keep your relae value high.

You can see info at llumar.com and from what I understand most of thier formulaone shops install this

you can visit them at formulaone.com and click on a location near you.

#10 ·
Butter06 said:
You can see the kit for the car on this website. They are located in Southern CA.

http://www.mishield.com/

They have four different kits. They can ship it to you and then you can either install it yourself or have a window tint shop install it for you.

#12 ·
Just a reminder on this thread. If you are not a professional and you are looking for a quality install I recommend you get a professional to do this. For those whoa re brave the charger is a little easier on the difficulty scale. Best of Luck. I am willing to help anyone with additional tips if you are open to outside opinions.

#13 ·
Over here from the sister board SRT4forums and I would offer any help with questions on Clear Bras since that is our speciality.

It is recommended for a professional installation to insure a great fit and look to your cars surfaces. For someone with no experience the Charger grille and bumper would not be a good place to start.

Again if we can help please feel free to let us know.

We only use 3M ScotchGard 8 mil urethane film. We have tested all the films and continue to do so often. Through time and testing we are very pleased to offere what we consider the best in paint protection.

#14 ·
I heard that 3m makes great post it notes and about a million other things. From what I hear there are several other companies that specialize in the window film and paint protection manufacturing. So everyone do your research and make the choice that fits you. As we keep saying in this thread none the less is to have a pro help you with the decision in your local area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.