Charger Forums banner

Is the Chrysler 300 SRT Going to Make a Comeback?

14K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  EddieFL 
#1 ·

The Chrysler 300 SRT may not be available this year, but don’t count it out of the U.S. just yet.

New spy photos show Chrysler testing a brand new 300 SRT, though the purpose isn’t clear yet. The American automaker gave its sedan a makeover for the 2015 model year, introducing it to the world at the 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show. Shortly after, Chrysler confirmed that the Chrysler 300 SRT would not be sold in the U.S. for 2015, with reports indicating that the model would only be produced for markets outside North America.

Chrysler also folded the SRT brand back into Dodge, which means that moving forward the SRT badge only supposed to be on Dodge vehicles. There is a possibility that the current 300S will get the 6.4-liter HEMI V8 engine and drop the SRT name altogether, but these spy photos suggest that Chrysler is working on a 2016 300 SRT model.

If the 300 SRT is planning a comeback to the U.S. market, don’t expect it until next year at the earliest. And considering the new 300 was facelifted for the 2015 model year, expect it to stay on the market until a redesign makes its debut for 2019.

See more 2016 Chrysler 300 SRT photos at AutoGuide.com

See less See more
#4 ·
I would be interested in seeing the 300 with a 6.4L. Be nice to have that luxury ~500hp sedan available in models other than BMW and Mercedes

#5 ·
It's just not going to happen in the North American market. They never sold well enough and they aren't going to deviate from having Dodge be their performance Brand here anytime soon.

#6 ·
Unfortunately, that's probably true. Oh well SRT Charger it is :)

#7 ·
Several M Plate 300-SRT's have been seen wandering around Detroit.

#9 ·
I would jump on this in a second if it happened here in the U.S.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_d0GN7jJ9Y

IMO it is a possibility for MY16. With the all new Charger and Challenger lineup it was most likely too difficult to introduce a new 300 SRT at the Canadian plant. They are having a hard time filling orders as I type. With the 300S taking on styling cues (According to Allpar) from the SRT destined for the overseas market, it would not take much to offer the 6.4L as an option for MY16 in the 300S. Once the orders for all the Scat Packs and SRT's are normalized I can see it happening.

I am holding off buying a new ride until they announce the lineup later this year. (I can not justify buying a new Charger with that front end change)

#21 ·
Old thread yes but I still have my fingers crossed for a 2016 300 with the 392 and 8 speed. Rumor has it will be offered in the 300S version which looks an a lot like the 300 srt minus few minor body differences.

The Jeep Trackhawk with the Hellcat expected in 2017. Sub 3 second 0-60's are being reported with the awd.

#25 ·
Fiat is making a big mistake not marketing the 300 to the performance crowd. The 5.7 and its 13.9 1/4 mile won't do in 2015 when V6 Accords can hit that. This car needs the 6.4 badly.

Don't give me the lame excuse of it being slow selling when Chrysler did NO marketing of the car!

This isn't Field of Dreams - you must promote your product for good sales.

The 300 is about to get crushed by the new Caddy CT6 which will actually offer a twin turbo V8 and AWD

#26 ·
The sales of the 300 are just fine without advertising. It is a big family semi-luxury 4 door. One of the reasons that there is not much pressure for Chrysler to offer the 6.4L. Latest I heard on the ALLPAR forum is that there will be a 6.4L offered with the 300S MY2016. It will NOT be an SRT with the adaptive suspension but will come with the same features that the Scat Pack Chargers have.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.