Charger Forums banner

Solo Performance Exhaust Question- 2011 Charger RT

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  06CVMagR/T 
#1 ·
has anyone bought, insalled and tested the new solo performance exhaust for the new 2011 charger RT? i am interested and i would like to know if this system really gets rid of the "drone'? that is my biggest question, i hear a lot of talk about the drone at crusing speeds so i dont wanna get a system that is like that. i was real interested in the flowmaster american thunder cat back system so i'd like to hear some feedback from those of you with either of these systems.

thanks!!!

#3 ·
1} The Solo is a new product in general so there aren't many people with them yet.

2} The 2011 is a new model, so the same issue applies though to a lesser degree because the engine remains the same.

So don't be too shocked if it takes a while to find anyone with that particular combo. The only person I've seen posting who's got a Solo is Flex, and his is on a 2010 SRT8, so you're looking at a different engine. He doesn't have MDS, which is where the drone comes in. As far as I know, the Solo uses a J pipe and supposedly cuts down pretty dramatically but I don't have first-hand experience with it.

#5 ·
Check on Challenger forums for more info. The system was developed for the Chally, which is 4" shorter.
I have a 06 Mag I installed one on. The Mag, Charger and 300 are all interchangable.
My co-worker put a Flowmaster or Magnaflow with rear reso's to keep it quiet, on his Chally - it drones.
The Solo is unique in it's design. J pipes were used way back in the 40's, bet newer muffler design and material and they went away. It's a way of dealing with resonance and works well. Solo also added a H pipe to deal with the MDS noise cancellation, and uses a single X flow muffler.
Living in Ca. I don't have weather issues, but the system is stainless.
It is well built and uses heavy wall pipe. Design and fitment are excellent, and it slipped on like butter. The rear sections uses a ball flange that makes install easy and allows alignment of the tail section.
I was used to a louder idle, but hated the drone on long trips. The Solo has no drone at highway speeds. The J pipe works.
Nice idle, nice sound at mid throttle acceleration, and really barks at WOT, because there's no rear reso.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.