Charger Forums banner

Xoxide.com is junk

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  SicHemi 
#1 ·
I have always saved a dime and used PC set ups for leds. come in nice cases and saves all the wiring and such. did my whole motorcycle up with them. but i went with Xoxide.com this time again for the car for cathodes. TOTAL JUNK. first off they come with a required amp box. first set i ordered was DOA. i wrote them asking for my money back they ignored my request and send another set. If you mod these to extend the wire besides the 1 foot the give you they only light a quarter of the way and they claim brightest cathod!! HA so dim its a joke.

#2 ·
i have used them for seriously 5 years for all of my computer needs and more recently my car. I have never had a problem, i dont doubt that you did because some products just dont work sometimes. their customer service had always been 100% to me. as for extending the wires, if u cut the white ones that is a big no no. dont know why but it tends to screw up the lights, you can extend the ones going into your blue box, and as far as computer cathodes go theirs are the brightest. sorry to be negative to your negativity, but i hope you get everything worked out

#3 ·
i have used them for seriously 5 years for all of my computer needs and more recently my car. I have never had a problem, i dont doubt that you did because some products just dont work sometimes. their customer service had always been 100% to me. as for extending the wires, if u cut the white ones that is a big no no. dont know why but it tends to screw up the lights, you can extend the ones going into your blue box, and as far as computer cathodes go theirs are the brightest. sorry to be negative to your negativity, but i hope you get everything worked out

I have no experience with xoxide.com, but have only heard positive comments from other members here who have used their products for grille lighting and such.

Roboman is correct regarding the length of the high-voltage CCFL wiring - it should not be extended or altered or you will get weird results. Check this FAQ:

http://www.elwirecheap.com/coldcathodes.html

Quote:

Q. Can the wire length from the cold cathode (ccfl) to the inverter be extended?
A. Generally speaking, no. The inverters have a pre-determined output when the length of the wire is extended it will change the load and significantly reduce the light output. Wire length is normally maximized at about 7-8 inches.

The length is critical and part of the overall design of the CCFL.

You need to understand fully what you are modding before you start, and be aware of the impacts.

#4 ·
Oznium.com :thumbsup:

#5 · (Edited)
Well i will say this. they are very nice there and after my 3rd email i did get refunded for the products. So customer service is A++ with them. but go else where if you want to try to use it for car mods. But i mean the one set came doa and the other the wire pulled right out of the with little to no strain... but thanks for the info on the wiring. im going to have to rip them out and throw them out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.