Charger Forums banner

Who makes the best replacement bumpers?

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  richd 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
Wish I didn't have to do this but I need some opinions on replacement front bumpers. I was driving home last night from a work function and the SUV in front of me swerved and hit a deer and it bounced right in front of me once he hit it.... The good news is that I am fine as well as the other driver but the big SOB damaged my front bumper. The damage is not bad and honestly I don't think a lot of people would get it fixed but this is my baby and I'm going to get it fixed. There is a crack in the bumper so I think the best option is to get a new bumper. Does anyone have any experience on who has the best replacements for fitment as well as quality? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I will also need the lower mesh if anyone knows where you can get that as well?

#3 ·
Absolutely. I was trying to cover all my bases as I'm still waiting for the insurance adjuster to come out but in the meantime I took it to the best dealer with a body shop in the area and had them just do a ballpark quote. $3800 total. The bumper alone is $1600. The good thing is that he knew the adjuster that will most likely come out and he said that I just need to let the adjuster know that I had already had him look at it and he recommended a new bumper rather than fixing the other one and it shouldn't be an issue. All in all I should get away with just a $500 deductible. Could certainly have been much worse...

#5 ·
Update: The insurance adjuster came today and he said that the bumper could be repaired but I insisted it be replaced and his estimate has a replacement OEM one. His estimate was a couple hundred dollars less but should hopefully have a check in hand next week and get the shop to order parts Monday or so and have it in the shop the following week. Thanks for the kind words.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.