Charger Forums banner

OEM Homelink installation wiring pin out.

23K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  #1971 
#1 ·
I just installed oem homelink on my SXT V6. There are lots of write up online but none of them are specifically enough on Chargers installation, so I thought I will share my experience.

1. You need to buy a overhead console with homelink buttons, like this one. 300, Charger, Challenger and Magnum consoles WILL work with our Chargers. Just make sure the console is the same year as your EVIC cluster.

2. You will need to purchase a connector harness kit. Part number 05183472AA, It goes into the home-link module. This is if the console you purchased does not come with a connector plugged in. Extend the harness about 3 ft long by soldering. Using a wire marker to mark correct pin out on the wire.

3. Once you get the console, take out the black homelink module on the back. It is held by four hex screw. Transfer the module to your old console(you can also use new console directly). The over head console can be pull down directly. There are 3 clips holding it there. Pull it down a little bit and then remove the 3 pin connector feeding to overhead light. Disconnect your battery after this step!

4. Take off the passenger OR driver side plastic side trim

5. Take off part of the weather strap for A pillar removal

6. Pull the up part of A-pillar toward you gently. There is a ball-stud clip. Squeeze on it to release it. Then pull the A-pillar trim upward to get it out of the way. The ball-stud is easily broken so be extra careful

7. Route the homelink wire harness from center console to A-pillar. Now you need to join the wires. There are 6 wires on the homelink harness, however ALL you need is pin 1~4. I have attached the correct pin out map as a PDF. Just ignore pin 5 and pin 6.

8. Put everything back together GENTLY! You dont wanna break stuff.

9. Reconnect battery and the homelink buttons should light up as soon as you turn on your car's lights. Now you have a working homelink! To test it simply press and hold the buttons. Your EVIC should show something like "Channel I transmitting."

IMPORTANT: You need programming to get the compass to work if are also installing the EVIC on a Charger with base cluster. Jon at After Hour Mopar Performance can do the programming for you.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Very interesting info. Thank you.
By the way I got some questions:
1.- how can I know the year of those parts?
2.- Is there any possibility of adding a better rearview mirror linked to that console? 've seen SRT for example got some buttons on rearview mirror but I don't know what are they for.

#3 ·
1. Vendors on eBay will usually list the donor car where the part comes off.

2. Yes! I am thinking about adding the uConnect+auto dimming mirror as well. But that also requires a lot of wiring and programming. These mirrors can auto dim at night and serive as microphone for your uConnect handsfree phone system.

#10 ·
I know what you mean
Unfortunately I have to send my TIPM overseas (I live in Europe) and I'm very concerned with shipping.
If I lose my TIPM I'll lose my car, right?

#11 ·
Nope. You can always buy a new one from either Mopar or eBay. The nearest Dodge/Chrysler dealer will simply perform a flash on the new TIPM module and your car will be good to go.

These cars are basically computers. You swipe the parts, you reinstall the operating system and BAM you get a working one again!

#12 ·
I have been wanting to do this upgrade for quite a while now. The first problem was finding the home link transmitter at a decent price.

I was able to get a console out of a 2010 300 in the correct color, but now it seems that it is getting hard to order the parts. I have stopped at two dealers, both of which gave me huge attitude about ordering parts that should not (by the VIN) go into my car.

I have tried a couple of the links that I have found for ordering the part, but all have either ignored my emails, or told me that by the VIN they won't sell me the part.

My local dealer, who I purchased the car from, gave me HUGE attitude when I asked them to turn on the DRLs. They said that it would cost $120 for them to look at the car, whether or not they were able to turn on the lights.

I have just about had it with dealers as a whole. Rant over... :)

Ron

#13 ·
Well dealers are definitely not fans of modifications.

All the parts required for this install can be get online with no problem. The installation is pretty easy if you have some soldering skills.

#14 ·
I just installed oem homelink on my SXT V6. There are lots of write up online but none of them are specifically enough on Chargers installation, so I thought I will share my experience.

1. You need to buy a overhead console with homelink buttons, like this one. 300, Charger, Challenger and Magnum consoles WILL work with our Chargers. Just make sure the console is the same year as your EVIC cluster.

2. You will need to purchase a connector harness kit. Part number 05183472AA, It goes into the home-link module. This is if the console you purchased does not come with a connector plugged in. Extend the harness about 3 ft long by soldering. Using a wire marker to mark correct pin out on the wire.

3. Once you get the console, take out the black homelink module on the back. It is held by four hex screw. Transfer the module to your old console(you can also use new console directly). The over head console can be pull down directly. There are 3 clips holding it there. Pull it down a little bit and then remove the 3 pin connector feeding to overhead light. Disconnect your battery after this step!

4. Take off the passenger OR driver side plastic side trim

5. Take off part of the weather strap for A pillar removal

6. Pull the up part of A-pillar toward you gently. There is a ball-stud clip. Squeeze on it to release it. Then pull the A-pillar trim upward to get it out of the way. The ball-stud is easily broken so be extra careful

7. Route the homelink wire harness from center console to A-pillar. Now you need to join the wires. There are 6 wires on the homelink harness, however ALL you need is pin 1~4. I have attached the correct pin out map as a PDF. Just ignore pin 5 and pin 6.

8. Put everything back together GENTLY! You dont wanna break stuff.

9. Reconnect battery and the homelink buttons should light up as soon as you turn on your car's lights. Now you have a working homelink! To test it simply press and hold the buttons. Your EVIC should show something like "Channel I transmitting."

IMPORTANT: You need programming to get the compass to work if are also installing the EVIC on a Charger with base cluster. Jon at After Hour Mopar Performance can do the programming for you.

I hate to resurrect a 4 1/2 year thread but it just says pull the pillar off and solder the wires in. Well what do you solder them into? Just the matching canbus wires and + - or what?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.