Charger Forums banner

18"s for a Charger V6?

2K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  H20buryCharger 
#1 ·
Hi

I'm thinking on changing my 17" rims.

The most popular size is 18" and it looks better, of course.

But since I got a 3.5 V6 I would want to know if I'll feel a worse performance?

What about the acceleration? and the braking?

Thanks

#3 ·
...and the real look it's different or the change is insignificant?
Could somebody show pictures before (17") and after (18")?

Thanks

#4 ·
17 and 18 inch wheels is the best bet for V6's because you wont lose any power like you would with 22's.

Just look up Daytona wheels from 06-10 they're all 18's or the retro five spoke wheel on Google Images. Being only an inch difference in diameter it makes a slight difference, but mostly you'll notice the fact you have a completely different styled wheel :D

#5 ·
How about 245/55/18 or 255/55/18? Will those larger and wider sizes make a huge difference?

#12 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Personal luxury car

Just an input. All stock 17's to 18's. with Mopar stage 1 springs. No rub but then again it's not the stage 2. So it might be different.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#13 ·
I love the ride with the coilovers. Better handling and a much more aggressive stance! :cool:

#15 ·
H20buryCharger, thanks for your pics.
The comparison is very clear for me.

By the way, nice play to take pics :)

#16 ·
#18 ·
H20bury, Nice touch with the front lip and guards. Haven't seen many pics with that and it sets off the suspension change well.

#19 ·
Thank you! Wait till this spring/summer. I've got plans for it when I pull her out of the barn :D:alfdance:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.