Charger Forums banner

Major Door Ding

5K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  Telco 
#1 ·
Man I am pissed. :mad:

I go out of my way to never park anywhere near anyone but Mrs Flex noticed a HUGE door ding on her door today.

This was not there last time I washed it and I am not working right now so the car has more or less been sitting in the driveway so I cannot figure it out.

Unless (like today) someone went out of their way to park near me even though I was far away. We went to lunch today and I parked way far away from the restaurant with no cars anywhere near me and of course I come out and there's a car right next to mine. But it wasn't them because they were on the driver's side.

Anyway I don't know if this is fixable because it's right on the edge of the scallop on the passenger front door.

Anyone have experience with this? Can one of those door ding places fix it?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Check into paintless dent repair in your area. I had a woman merge into the side of my car years ago, dented the living crap out of the whole 1/4 panel. Body shop wanted to cut the 1/4 off and replace it, contacted paintless dent repair, cost me under $300 and was perfect when done.

If there's no paint damage this is the way to go.

Hope this helps you.

#3 ·
Well if the paint is not chipped, the "The Dent Doctor" can get that out, or someone who is familiar with that kind of repair. Good luck Jim

Big John

#4 ·
Yep, Paintless Dent Repair (PDR) can fix that. My new (used) 300 C had a wicked dent on the passenger side of the hood near the cowl along the edge of the hood that looked like a hailstone impact. I pointed it out to the Dealer I bought it from and they had PDR fix it before I picked the car up. Now I can't even tell where it was.

#5 ·
Just got a quote for $120 to fix it.

Not like I want to throw away $120 bucks right now but I can't stand to see that shit.

People are so ****ing inconsiderate.

And they wonder why us guys that have nice cars park the way we do.

Because most people DNGAF. Makes me rage.

Reactions: GTO_04
#6 ·
I feel your rage. Someone at the Pool Club this Summer backed into the corner of the back bumper on my wife's '05 Caravan and crushed the corner. They drove off and never gave a sh*t about what they did. That van was perfect on the body for over 12 years and now I gotta pay nearly $1000 to fix what they f'd up if I want it right again or live with it being damaged.

:icon_flaming:

#9 ·
#11 ·
That sucks! I had someone run a shopping cart into the passenger rear quarter of my TorRed Charger and put a nice vertical crease in it. I used one of those PDR companies and you'd have never known it was there. Good luck.

#13 ·
Flex, that crap drives me insane. Inconsiderate ass holes.

Just a few weeks ago my drivers rocker cover which is vinyl wrapped on my SP got scrapped and pushed in a bit. Im like WTF. I wracked my brain trying to figure out when and were it might have happened. Only two places it could have happened is the dealership for a flash and a city park. Im guessing a skate board, bicycle or something low ran into the rocker at the park. Otherwise it happened at the dealer. In any case, Im going to have to have the rocker re-wrapped to cover the gouge. $145. :flame:

#15 ·
Someone just did that to me, on Friday...no dings, but someone with a beat-to-snot minivan decided to park right next to me, pretty damned close, despite the fact there were several open spots he (or she) could've parked in. Gotta admit, I found it infuriating. Don't be an ******* for the sake of being an *******. That was the ONLY reason for that driver to park his piece of shit right next to me.

#16 ·
I would have took record of the guys plate number and left a note on his car saying you have his plate and your number and want the damage fixed. Also a picture of the cars from a distance showing you were in the middle of nowhere. I did it on my Z28 and the a-hole ended up paying to have it fixed. wasn't happy but he did.

#19 ·
I knew paintless dent repair could fix it for you. :D
I was seriously a skeptical hippo but there is no evidence whatsoever that it was ever dented.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.