Charger Forums banner

Internal temperature not accurate.

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  gweempose 
#1 · (Edited)
I've only had my car a couple of days, but I'm concerned that the internal temperature control is not calibrated correctly. I put the system on auto mode and set the tempertaure on both dials to 70. After a little while, it gets pretty darn hot and it feels as if it's closer to 80. I had to move it down to about 66-67 in order to feel comfortable. Has anyone else experienced this?

#4 ·
Crazy_luck said:
He's talking about the auto climate controlls being innacurate, not the EVIC thermo.......
Ooooh. I just skimmed his post.

Sorry gweem! I feel dumb. :p

#6 ·
yea, I've noticed this too. I just got my car on 11/30. Setting the knob at 70-72 is too hot. And it seems like when you adjust downward, it doesn't adjust right away either.

#7 ·
gweempose said:
I've only had my car a couple of days, but I'm concerned that the internal temperature control is not calibrated correctly. I put the system on auto mode and set the tempertaure on both dials to 70. After a little while, it gets pretty darn hot and it feels as if it's closer to 80. I had to move it down to about 66-67 in order to feel comfortable. Has anyone else experienced this?

I know the answer, but I'm not sure how to explain it......

Try setting the both the fan speed to auto and the HVAC control to auto, then set the deired temp. This MAY be the problem, as I have noted in my Daytona that if I have the settings on anything but auto (both) it gets really hot, but as long as both are set to auto, the temps seems to be close to accurate.

Not sure if that helps much, but I tried..... (I think it mentions something about this in the manual too)

#9 ·
Crazy_luck said:
Try setting the both the fan speed to auto and the HVAC control to auto, then set the deired temp. This MAY be the problem, as I have noted in my Daytona that if I have the settings on anything but auto (both) it gets really hot, but as long as both are set to auto, the temps seems to be close to accurate.
Unfortunately, they both are on auto.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.