Charger Forums banner

Dyno Tune or Email Tune.

4K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Part Deux 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello guys.

I Installed a JBA long tube headers about a month now, but still didn't tune my car yet. I am also changing my Wheel size from 22" to 20". I also have a CAM sitting at home ready to be installed. What do you guys think I should do. Buy a trinity and do all the tuning by email. is it as effective as a dyno tune? If I get a dyno tune, I will need to tune it twice NOW AND AFTER I INSTALL THE CAM for about $1400. Don't really know that much in tuning, so If I am mistaken please let me know. I want to tune the car before I install the cam, so I can see quarter mile times improvements!

#2 ·
Since you're running long tubes the engine will have a tendency to run leaner. A good step for right now is to start running some 91 octane (2 points over recommended 89) so that you can at least avoid knock from a lean condition. Even better would be some 89 octane with Aces IV since that's the best bet for cylinder lubricity and effective octane increase.

If the cam install is going to happen soon, I'd wait until it's installed and get it dyno tuned by a reputable shop. E-mail tunes can be good but if you're maximizing the airflow of the cam and really getting the most out of it, the dyno tune will be the way to go. Tune it once and tune it the best way.

#4 ·
Just keep running 93 and have it tuned when you add the cam. It's not going to hurt anything. If you feel like getting the most out of it now, do an e-mail tune for the headers and have it dyno tuned when you cam it.

#7 ·
Like Hazmat 11 said, get some ACES IV in the fuel which will help you burn the fuel more efficiently and effectively. Remember you want the lowest octane fuel without detonation. 89 + ACES ACES IV will give you the octane effect of 98 octane and produce better throttle response and allow you to advance the timing more while lubricating the upper cylinders which at present you aren't doing with pump fuels. 6 times less ring and bore wear, 4 times less stem and guide wear and 5 times less valve damage using ACES IV.

The Trinity and email tunes when using ACES IV will be your best example of power and performance. :beerchug:

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

#8 ·
email tune, make sure you decide on what gas you want to run, and make sure you're running that before collecting tune data.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.