Charger Forums banner

Police charger: removing white paint.

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Hazmat11 
#1 ·
Hi all.
I acquired a police charger not too long ago and decided I wanted to get the top black. Originally I thought about painting it (around $400 professionally), and then I thought about wrapping it ($60 for 3M Wrap). I just realized that the white paint is chipping off the top and that the factory black paint is untouched underneath. They didn't sand it whatsoever from what I can see. Ideally, I would love to get all of the white paint off of the factory finish without damaging it, It's proving to be pretty tedious chipping it by fingernail. Does anyone have any experience or recommendations on how to remove the white paint effectively without damaging the factory finish underneath?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Go to a professional and asked questions You never know what kind of techniques they may give you, but make it sound like you might be interested in their services :)

Big John

#5 ·
I think Slidd's pressure washer idea is a good start. Just be mindful that if you have to crank up the pressure that it may hurt the paint underneath.

Also agree with John that a shop should be able to tell you the best way.

Oh look, I've added absolutely NO value to the conversation. Shutting up now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.