Charger Forums banner

2015 SRT 392 "Winking" Light Disable

5K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  Johnnyma45 
#1 ·
Hey all, Havent posted in a while, but figured i would give it i go since i am trying to get this figured out.

Has anyone figured out how to disable the DRLs from turning off when you use your turn signals?

I hate it that the fact that the car "winks" at you when its turning. I really want my DRLs to stay on, even when the turn signal is on as well.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

#2 ·
Your DRLs turn off for safety reasons. It's very difficult to see the turn signal well when they are on. Therefore they turn off when the signal is on.

If you leave them on and use the signal, folks won't be able to see it well and it will be like not using the signal at all.

Therefore, you might as well just not use the turn signal and then the DRL won't turn off.

Problem solved.

#11 ·
This is the simple answer to your question without the indignation thrown in. The Tazer will allow you to keep the DRLs on and it will be plainly obvious to everyone when you have your blinkers on as our yellow directional lamps are plenty bright. If you think it's worth the price, or you can borrow one then go for it.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

#7 ·
I think it's a great addition. Too many turn signals and break lights seem to be very weak to me these days. The Durango is a good example, massive rear racetrack light, lots of lights, tiny break and turn signals. I can barely see them. Car companies are moving in the right direction for this, it gets your attention. I drive a motorcycle so I am all for big advertisements of what a vehicle's intentions are. Also, you never see your own cars turn signal, so why worry.

#8 ·
I'm not a huge fan of DRLs, and I'm not sure if they really make much of a difference as far as safety goes, at least here in Texas.

I understand why the DRL drops out when the turn signal is being used, since the DRLs would mask the blinker somewhat. On the other hand, if someone is so far away that they don't see the blinker because of the DRL being on at the same time, they're probably far enough away that it doesn't matter if they don't see it.

I personally disabled the dropout. There are plenty of Chargers where I live, so I see the "winking" all of the time and it bothers me enough that I don't want my car to look like that.

If I didn't think the LEDs looked cool, I'd turn off the DRLs entirely.

#12 ·
DRLs not required in MN. Have mine turned off. I like the look better anyway.

#14 ·
I used to hate DRLs and would shut them off in every vehicle I owned, but the LEDs hehre make it look a LOT better than the old amber DRLs. They're staying on for me.

Why does anyone care in the 1st place, after all YOU can't see it when YOU are driving....
Personal preference - I don't mind it, but if you're driving around, you can see it in the reflection of the car in front of you. I've noticed it and it is very noticeable when it comes on and off - which is kinda the point I guess.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.