Charger Forums banner

SRT8 Hood

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  shanet75 
#1 ·
Ok, I'm sure Im not the first to post about this but for those that have upgraded their hiod, could some of you suggest the best material for an aftermarket SRT8 hood? I recently had a big hail storm causing a lot of damage all over my 2008 R/T. Since I have to replace the hood anyway, I figured I should upgrade. What seems best? Carbon fiber, fiberglass, duraflex? Also, any info on a good manufacturer helps. Thanks.

#3 ·
If you have any junkyards I'd see if you could source one from there or find an OEM replacement. I can't speak to the quality of aftermarket offerings but that's how I'd go about it.

Just some food for thought.

Good luck and let us know what you find.

#5 ·
I have a 2015 dodge charger rt 5.7 and am about ready to buy the scat pack srt 392 hood with middle scoop. The ONLY difference is my charger has the slight notch in the front bumper from where my stock hood has a notch down the middle of the hood. The srt scat pack hood does not. The scat hood would meet the slight notch right in the middle, leading anyone who does not know these cars that the notch is the beginning of where the inlet for the air to go into the scoop begins.
What do you guys think?
Get the hood or not? I personally like the scat pack with hood scoop SO MUCH BETTER than my standard stock hood. I hate it cause it looks like the dart hood. :(

#6 ·
Do you have a picture? I've seen so many hoods I'm trying to make sure I'm picturing the right one. I looked into getting a new hood for my '13 RT but was a little concerned about fitment and paint matching. I ended up leaving well enough alone for the moment though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.