Charger Forums banner

How to spot a fake Charger SRT

21K views 31 replies 17 participants last post by  nodrz 
#1 · (Edited)
So since seeing a fake SRT is not an uncommon thing to see, I made this chart to show the minor differences to tell them apart. Theres a fake 05-08 white Super Bee near me too that I left a note on his window calling him out on it but still no change. Those models never in came in white haha Anyway heres the chart and hopefully you can spot all the fakes out there now and please call them out on it lol If theyre that ashamed of their car (what it actually is) or that desperate for attention they should just get a different model or car all together. Now I have nothing against any other V6 or RTs let me throw that out there. Ive owned two RTs in the past. Its just the people that throw fake SRT badging on their car. Thats my two cents

See less See more
#2 ·
Spotting a fake SRT is pretty easy, even if they have all the cosmetics. It doesn't bother me, it's a little sad when I see an obvious 3.5L sporting SRT badges and even have an SRT personalized license plate with "Supercharged" on the sides but I giggle to myself and move on because the only people they're fooling is themselves. It's easy to fool a fool.

#3 · (Edited)
You traded in for that Chally so pffffft to your complaining :)

Where was it at? Wheeler-Sack or Main Post? I seen a white Charger at the PX while I was clearing and it's badging had me confused; nothing that a stock Charger has.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#5 ·
I think that chart, while accurate, is not needed by anyone on this site. LOL.

We all know these cars like the back of our hands.

@Hriv hes in downtown Watertown. Seen him a couple times. Gave him the WTF look lol
@FLEX well it may be easy for us and some others but not everyone is as familiar with them

#4 ·
I think that chart, while accurate, is not needed by anyone on this site. LOL.

We all know these cars like the back of our hands.

#6 ·
Watertown blah. I avoid it so no suprise I havnt seen it. Soon, it and Drum will forever be behind me :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#7 ·
Thanks for that, luckily I knew most of those!

Don't guess you have access to a larger document of that?

Some of that is pretty hard to read on here!

#9 · (Edited)
I would go with the Adaptive Cruise Control sensor on the front:

I was trying to remember if ALL of the R/T Max Chargers have that, or if it is just an option!

Attachments

#10 ·
For the RTs the wheels are the biggest identifier. But the wheels are something that a lot of people swap out to so heres some other changes to look for

RT Base: Basic RT package with smaller Uconnect screen, standard headlights

RT Plus: 8.4in Uconnect screen, HID headlights,

RT Max: same as RT Plus but with a few more extras like the adaptive cruise control sensor in front, heated/cooled cup holders if you can see it

Those are what I go by but Im sure theres more.

Thats as big as it gets. Sorry

#11 · (Edited)
Not sure if it goes back to 2013 or maybe even 2011......

but on the 2014 Charger R/T Base, you get HID lights!

You can also get the 8.4" UConnect as an option on the R/T Base!

#12 ·
LMBO at this thread. Is it just the SRT badging that is not Ok or is it any cosmetic changes that is made to look like an SRT? (Seeing how the original post shows everything that is different. Not just the badging)

You really left a note on the car hoping he would change it? LOL

#13 ·
You really left a note on the car hoping he would change it? LOL
LMAO. I totally missed that as I didn't read the entire OP.

That's funny stuff.

#15 ·
This is what I game him for faking a Super Bee haha

#16 ·
The chart is the first post has a bunch of errors on it. The biggest on was at the bottom of the page where it said the non-SRT cars have the "side bumpers" (door molding).

I guess I bought a fake direct from the factory in 2006...

Attachments

#17 ·
They may have started with it but then taken it off the following year. I personally havent seen in on any SRTs since.

#18 ·
They may have started with it but then taken it off the following year. I personally havent seen in on any SRTs since.
Incorrect, they had them in 2007 too...

My point is that a chart like that is incorrect and creates a false understanding of what did (or didn't) come on an SRT, or how to tell one by looking.

Owners modify their cars changing wheels, removing side molding, rearranging badges, add fascias and hoods, change exhaust, etc.

The only true way to tell an SRT is to check the VIN. Otherwise you are just guessing. A recent thread showed an actual 2012 Superbee for sale that had a standard Charger fascia on it...but it was still a true SRT.

Attachments

#21 ·
I was going off of just driving by one. Not so much actually walking up to one and snooping around. Just the stuff youd see and notice as you or them passed by.
Ya I totally forgot to add the rear end of the 05-10 models in there. Was too lazy to go back and add it in lol
As for the badging it could be any SRT badge. The first one they find on ebay is gonna be the one theyll buy

#24 ·
So im now wondering if you get upset when someone puts a 6.1L srt8 hemi into a daytona for instance. Would putting an srt badge on that car still be subjected to the rice notification? Lol

#22 ·
Damn lol so many little things. The main points like bumper and hood most people should know by now I'd hope

#23 ·
It's typical Mopar history to make it hard to be sure of what the car really is by looking. The Chrysler 300 cars also have the 'SRT Design' version to add to the confusion since they had many of the SRT bits but weren't SRT cars.

The fact that folks mod the hell out of these cars makes it even harder to be sure what you are looking at.

#27 ·
That's silly. And $17k for that car is nuts.

#30 ·
Nevermind the SRT's for the moment. I see guys faking regular chargers and trying to pass them off as R/T's - They're putting HEMI decals on the back where a R/T or SXT emblems would be found. Admittedly, some of these cars do look good with aftermarket blacked out rims.

The final laugh is when you do a casual inspection when stopping behind these cars, or when checking them out in the rear view mirror as they pass to see the very common branched of exhaust pipes from a single tube.

I confronted one guy in a joking manner, and he was good natured enough to know that he was busted. :laugh2:

#31 ·
I prefer the no stripes, no badging look myself. If I owned an SRT the first thing I would do would be to remove every SRT badge I could.

#32 ·
Big deal. If someone want to change their car, that's up to them. If I found some AH leaving a card like that on my car he might be eating thru a straw for a long time. Someone may just like the look of a different model. That's up to them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.