Charger Forums banner

Adjustable suspension upgrade Daytona392

6K views 23 replies 5 participants last post by  AllStrobedUp 
#1 ·
I am wondering if you can buy a kit from MOPAR or an aftermarket kit to upgrade to the adjustable suspension? Love the car but the ride is stiffer than my rum and Coke.

#2 ·
No don't think so. How's your tire pressure? Most dealers fail to lower to 32 as required. You could even go to 28-30 If you are just cruising with no hard cornering.

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Just my two cents, but I don't believe you'll feel enough difference on tire pressure alone. You'll feel a little, but if you find it so stiff you want to change your suspension, tire pressure change isn't going to do it for you.

SPC, Koni, Eibach, and Speed Logix, along with Mopar Performance make a lot of suspension parts for our cars, so I'd check their websites.

#6 ·
I want to clarify that I am happy with the suspension. It performs outstanding. Daily driving is just a little rough. That's the reason I was hoping to upgrade to the Adaptive suspension.

#7 ·
The adaptives go through the BCM so I'm not sure how you could get everything to work together plus it would cost a fortune, those adaptive Bilsteins are major $. Maybe Tazer could make it all work but won't be easy.

#10 ·
Ahhhh, I was not thinking it was an adaptive suspension on your car. I guess my suggestion isn't really helpful for your car. So you can't change modes on your car to soften it enough I take it?

#8 ·
Tazer has the option to turn on the srt pages on uconnect (already have). I was hoping it was a matter of swapping the shocks and plugging them in.

#9 ·
No, gonna be way more work than that. If they were just 3-position shocks that would be easy but at least in street mode they are fully adaptive and that's where you need the computer interaction.

#16 ·
I was told by someone reputable that the hellcats did not have adjustable suspension. (Wrong) But I will tell you for sure I do not have adjustable suspension....

#18 ·
I'm not sure why you'd want to run 38 psi when the door says 32. That could be some of your issue. Not all tires are created equal either. So the ride could be bad because of the type of tire you have. Tires can make or break a car and how you feel about the entire car.

Reactions: Playhard
#20 · (Edited)
I believe you have the same suspension as my SP 392. I like it and only find it a tad stiff on rare occasions. Most of the time it's great. One thing you have to remember along with whats been said about tire pressure and tire type, if you live in a cooler climate, winter does have an effect on the stiffness of the ride. Everything from tires, suspension and even the road surface is harder and translate into a rougher ride.

What tires do you have right now?

#22 · (Edited)
I thought the P zeros are suppose to have a decent ride quality. Maybe not. Just lower the pressure for now. 32 is fine.

When I first got my SP I briefly looked into new manual adjustable coil overs front and rear. Cost was over 2k in parts plus labor and I'm not even sure they were available yet. One other option was to get softer coils but again not sure if that is even an option yet and you would lose handling. Not sure what the solution is if your daily is on a bad road. That would get old fast.

#24 ·
Not only do I drive it every day, Altamonte to Downtown. I am responsible for the FDOT Road Rangers on the I-4 Ultimate project.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.