Charger Forums banner

Piston Misfire

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  M.Charger 
#1 ·
A few months ago my check engine light came on while i was waiting for a red light to turn green. I noticed that the car started shaking, when I turned it off and turned it back on it was shaking even worse. If I leave if off for a while it doesnt shake as bad, when it doesnt shake too bad its just piston # 2 misfiring and when it starts shaking bad its # 2 & 6. I went and got it check out at a small shop the guy told me to change the spark plugs or ignition coils which I had already done. Then I sent it to another shop which charged me for a diagnostic and gave me the wrong one, they said it was the PCM so i changed that and it didnt do anything. I am hoping that someone on here can help me out maybe you've had the same problem or have heard of something similar. What throws me off is that every once in a while the check engine light will turn off and the car will run fine like it did for the past 4 days until late last night...
I drive a 2007 2.7L Charger with 121,XXX miles on it.

#2 · (Edited)
honestly, imo - pentastars… v6's (i used to have a 2.7 as well) are quite popular for misfires/cylinder head issue. did you check for codes? im not sure.. i'm new to this charger game.. but on a maggie i could do the key dance and get all the trouble codes. also what spark plugs do you have? and your PCM would most likely not be the issue in that case….. i shall do some investigative work :)

most importantly… what are the codes and how do you know it's a misfire and what cylinder's misfiring?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.