Charger Forums banner

2015 r/t Exhaust suggestions

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  PJay707 
#1 ·
I know it seems like this has been beat to death. We have a new Stock 15 R/T
Looking for the best exhaust set up. I have heard that the flow master 40 series backed by a Glass pack for a resonator. I have also seen that folks have had issues with the CEL coming on after changing out their exhaust. I have seen every audio clip out there for a Charger with this set up and none of them are of the 5.7l R/T. I am looking for part numbers and suggestions.

I would be most appreciative Since I am the A new guy to the dodge line up. I am a Shelby guy by trade but they have not made that in a 4 door yet, and the wife has grown tired of my truck. along with the daughter starting to drive so daddy has had to give up his toys for a while.

Thanks

Jim

#2 · (Edited)
Welcome to the Dodge lineup and the Charger Forums.

I can't tell you the part numbers or what muffler will sound best, but I can tell you that there's a mod we call the Brylcreem mod. You remove the mufflers and leave the resonators. Sounds very mean when you get on it, and continues to prevent drone. There's lots of sound clips on Youtube for it, and best of all, it's cheap. Between $50-100. Worst case scenario, you don't like it and your out a hundred. You can then put on the Flowmasters or put the original mufflers back on (make sure you make them give you the old mufflers).

#3 ·
2015 R/T Exhaust suggestions

That dose sound mean and a little raspy for my tastes. I really like the sound of the Flow masters and the straight pipes, but the drone will kill the deal.

Thank you for your response and the welcome.

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.