Charger Forums banner

Starting over.... again

25K views 158 replies 37 participants last post by  Telco 
#1 ·
So here I go again. We traded the '12 SXT for a '14 RT. No real reason other than because we could.

Nothing special at the moment. Bone stock, since it just arrived yesterday. I finished up the paperwork on it today taking delivery. They gave me $21,500 for the '12, Friends/Family price on the '14 (showed me the invoice to verify), and $4K in rebates. With an additional $1K for financing through Chrysler Financial we walked out with the same payment as we had on the '12. Unfortunately I'm back to square one with the mods. I did keep the louvers from the '12, and will be putting them on the '14. I also have a spoiler arriving tomorrow (I'm a cheap bastard and didn't want to pay $550 for a spoiler from the factory that I can buy for $109 and install myself).

The manager at the dealership told me that if we hadn't done the paperwork until today, when we took delivery, we would have ended up paying a little more because Dodge changed the rebates between making the deal and today. I don't know if he was blowing smoke or if they really did reduce the rebates, but I'm happy with the deal. As long as it wouldn't have been cheaper, which they said they would honor if it was, when we made the deal.

Anyway. Standard forum rules. No picture, it didn't happen. So here it is on the test drive to verify all was good before taking possession of it.

Attachments

See less See more
#70 ·
This is totally out of context but back when you started that PD thread oh... Three years ago? You unleashed a beast, either the timing was perfect or your thread changed how the whole aftermarket looks at blacking out things, with companies that dip your car and even places like discount tire dealing with PD so much that they know what it is. Nearly everyone knows what dip is now... Not the case prior to your thread, jus saying, you made a huge impact.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#73 ·
I went to trade my '12 last night (23k miles) they tried to offer me 13k. I said "naaaw, I'm cool" how'd you get so much more?

#75 ·
So just because I can, here's some updated photos for the thread. I've got the louvers securely mounted now. I also got the LED fogs in, and the tint on. The only thing left on the list I had going was painted calipers, and deciding what (if any) graphics to put on. I think most likely I will do the hood inserts, but I'm still up in the air on the quarter panel decals. I don't want to over do it, but as Ddaddy noted the low contrast between black and gray does help.

Anyway. Just an update. The current list: LED fogs, louvers, tint (50% front, 20% rear), black grille, lip spoiler, rear deck spoiler.

Attachments

#81 ·
Thanks. I had to order that combo, because apparently everyone wants chrome 20's on a RT. I had no problem with 20" rims, but wanted no part of chrome. Not only that but finding a gray RT in my area was all but impossible. When I was at the dealership they did a search of something like 100 miles and came up craps when they searched for the options I wanted. I really didn't think it was that off the wall.
The front lip on the other hand, was an afterthought. I saw a few threads where people were talking about them and they sold me on the idea. I'm really glad they did, because it seems to finish the front end off.

#83 · (Edited)
I started doing this on Dodgtalk to track pictures of my truck. Instead of having them repeatedly attached to other threads, I post them in my initial thread, then attach img links any time I want to use the picture. It makes it much easier instead of having to upload them each time (I only have to do it once this way), and it helps me remember what I've already shown.

So anyway this is just to give a little better look at the chin spoiler, and LED fog lights.

Attachments

#86 ·
I used to be pretty punny...

I made up a list of my 10 best, and sent them in for a contest to have them judged. I thought they'd impress the judges, but alas, not one pun in ten did.

:jester:

#98 · (Edited)
I've seen them listed as both, though I think Summit has the 5x114.3, so I may have to look elsewhere. That's why I mentioned "if they don't fit". I would need to verify the bolt pattern if I get them, and also the bolt pattern of the car (IIRC is 115mm not 4.5"). I realize the difference is .7mm which is less than 1/32 of an inch, so it's possible the places I've seen them listing at 115 have been measured incorrectly.
Other mods are coming first so I'm still pretty early in the selection phase yet. As for the examples, I don't really care for any of them.
I like the spokes to sit back in a bit (not deep dish, but not flush with the face either), and my wife doesn't like that many spokes. I was shocked when she said she liked the 7 spokes on the weapons. She tends to like the 5-6 spoke designs better. Her reasoning is that she said the kind that have a bunch look like the old wire rims on her dad's old cutlass. They do fit the look of that 300 pretty well though.

#99 ·
Just for yucks, have you considered 'dipping the rims Anthracite Gray?

#101 ·
You can do it! It only takes 3 cans. >:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.