Charger Forums banner

No exhaust????

2K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  Daytona#2103 
#1 ·
I want my charger to be extremely loud and was wondering if taking my exhaust completely off past the mid pipes would have any benefit/problems to the car. I was planning on taking it off at the mid pipes and just put on some down tubes to direct exhaust. :confused:

#2 ·
No please do not do that. It will sound like crap. get a good exhaust such as maby corsa or borla... They can get pretty loud depending on what you buuy

#3 ·
But wouldn't it sound the same as cutouts???

#5 ·
I was looking for something a lot louder. Btw your exhaust does sound amazing

#7 ·
You need some level of restriction, even if straight pipes from mids to tails, or you'll actually loose power. There are plenty of loud systems on the market. SLP Loudmouth, for one. Of course, you could just ask a local shop what they would charge for making one.

Good luck.

#8 ·
ya, I know about the systems. It's just, and I hate to say it, that money doesn't grow on trees in my family, and with a single mom of three, money is tight.

#14 ·
#15 · (Edited)
Flowmaster Super 10s, Resonator Delete,...

...trust me its way loud and rumbly. I think you're going to have trouble trying to sound like a 'vette, totally different engine, totally different exhaust setup, I really don't think you will be able to get that sound.

#18 · (Edited)
Took off my exhaust completely. Comes right out of the Cats with some turndowns. Just for the week to see how it sounds, performs, and if there is any rattling. Surprisingly there's no rattling so far and I love the sound. Here's a video of it at idle. Working on making one at WOT.

#20 ·
Ya I was thinking of going with some slp LT headers and just put turndowns on them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.