Charger Forums banner

Error code u1408

29K views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  mechcpl 
#1 ·
what does code u1408 mean? how hard is it to fix? the car im bout to buy blew that code in the past and was wondering what that was

#2 ·
Its a communication code and you should never diagnose communication codes unless you have some sort of issue. modules frequently throw these codes

#3 ·
ok tyvm i appreciate it. im still new to the new chargers and am trying to buy a SRT8 so if im going to spend that much just wanna make sure nothing is wrong with it

#4 ·
Modules frequently play telephone. If a module is busy doing a test or something it wont answer the phone which pisses off another module who dumps the code. This often happens and normally clears out and goes away. Now if you have a issue with a module not doing its job perse, then you might get into diagnosing this concern but i'd say in 12 years of working on cars i've worked on one communication code and that was last week because someones gangsta stereo amplifier was drilled through a wiring harness and caused two modules to quit calling each other

#5 ·
lol wow ok that explains it alot better for me. i know old style engines not so much electronics so i appreciate the break down

#6 ·
doh, i just looked up this particular code and its quite common.
Its "implausible brake signal" . This means the fcm sees someone hitting the brakes and accelerator at the same time which it sees as stupid. This is often caused by two things.
-someone who rides their foot on the brake pedal while driving
- or someone who powerbrakes and does burnouts

See to the modules it makes no sense why someone would hit the throttle and brake pedal at the same time so it says "implausible".

#7 ·
ok so i will be throwing that code alot then lol thanks for the help

#8 ·
another quick question does the regular haynes repair manual for the charger cover the SRT8's?

#9 ·
probably. The haynes manuals are very basic and they cover the basics of all parts of the car. The best thing to do is to download a service manual for the srt8 on the net. We can not post those links on this forum due to copyright issues however you can google it and find it quite easy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.