Charger Forums banner

Torque for Police Wheels?

12K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  2tango2 
#1 · (Edited)
Is it 140 pounds? If so is it documented anywhere?

Damn wrong forum :/

#2 ·
For the 2006-10 Charger with steel wheels it is as follows (according to the Factory Service Manual)...

Progressively tighten all five wheel mounting nuts
in proper sequence. Tighten wheel nuts to 150 N·m
(110 ft. lbs.) torque.

#4 ·
My post was for the 2006-10 Steel wheels per the service manual. They don't specify size for either the steel or aluminum wheels in regard to torque.

The wheel size is irrelevant for the proper bolt stretch torque. The wheel lug nut torque is determined by the hub bolts, not the wheels.

#6 ·
2006-2010 models- 110 lb-ft torque for all wheels except police, 140 lb-ft torque for police wheels.

2011-2014 models- 110 lb-ft torque for aluminum wheels, 133 lb-ft of torque for steel wheels.

#7 ·
2006-2010 models- 110 lb-ft torque for all wheels except police, 140 lb-ft torque for police wheels.

2011-2014 models- 110 lb-ft torque for aluminum wheels, 133 lb-ft of torque for steel wheels.
Just curious, where did you get that? It's not in the 2006 shop manual I have.

#8 ·
http://www.dodge.com/en/owners/manuals/

I was provided this link from a member over on Bob is the Oil Guy forums.

Under each year there is a supplement for Police Vehicles. This is where I found the torque settings.

Tbird- if you look in the supplements you see what the torque ratings are. For some reason they dropped it down to 110lbs for the model 2014 year for steel wheels. In the regular 2014 owners manual it specs 130 pounds for wheels ( no distinction). So it looks like steel wheels drooped and alloys jumped.....

Can anyone shed light why?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#10 ·
Tbird-

Thanks for the information! I just realized you are sort of in my neck of the woods. Can you recommend any of the dealerships in southern NH or North of Boston? ( I realize you are on the South Shore). I'd like to get fogs installed but not sure where to go...willing to travel to dealer that has experience installing them.

I don't doubt the info you as techs get from Chrysler Connect but any reason why it is so different than what is in the owners manual and supplements? It just seems confusing to regular joes on the outside of the service world

Thanks again (Go Pats )

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.