Charger Forums banner

Performance Chips & You!

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  circleAcustoms 
#1 ·
Ok so I got the Airaid CAI, some nice dual magnaflows... now the next step is a chip, perferably one programmable. I have heard so many things, Jet sucks, it rocks, this sucks, that rocks... does anyone know of a good chip for the 3.5?:knockout:

#4 ·
The only dyno test reported seems to indicate that, if anything, the Jet Stage I provides less HP but more torque...

... and Stage II, according to some folks who have called Jet, reportedly is designed for mods that don't even exist yet (turbo, headers, etc.)... which doesn't exactly give me confidence in its design. Seems to me Jet is "mailing it in", as they don't provide any dyno tests on our particular cars.

Makes me wonder if they even designed the thing with a 3.5 LX in their shop.

I have the Stage II but every other day I'm tempted to remove it. If it's providing more torque, that may explain why my wheels are spinning so much -- fun for entertaining others but makes it hard to transfer power to the ground.

So the latest thing is the B&G flash, which re-programs your engine computer with what seem to be timing settings which are actually tested. The only problem here is that you have to mail-in your car's computer, or buy one from them.

Me, I'll keep the Jet Stage II in at least until spring... too cold to unjam the damn thing out (was quite a pain to fit into the engine computer compartment).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.