Charger Forums banner

.75 Cent Interior Mod? Say What?

124K views 293 replies 91 participants last post by  Nickel9 
#1 · (Edited)
.75 Cent Interior Mod? Say What?

Cheapest mod that I have ever done that makes the interior pop and darn near matches my red interior..Estimated cost: .75 cents as this is .75 cents for a yard of it.

This is just seat cord, and it has "wings" on the back of it and wedges in- between the dash and trim so tight that you do not need glue.

I bought 4 times the amount I needed, but will be careful not to over do it with this stuff.

http://www.yourautotrim.com/emwelcor.html

Actual color I bought.

http://www.yourautotrim.com/brightred.html

As you go, certain areas are tighter than others..Just grab ya drivers license and push them in together and it will slide right in.

See less See more
#164 ·
I originally bought navy blue. Almost looks black inside the car so didn't use it and got the purple instead.

Reactions: Techdude82
#166 ·
I haven't experienced any expanding/contracting issues, and we get 20 below zero winter and 90 degree summer heat. No seams.....just start at one side and go around complete dash bezel until ending on the other side. Same as doors. I don't think that I had any seams.

#169 ·
It takes patience... And by the end of it new thumbs..

Also I used a flat head screwdriver to help me in starting out the piping between panels. Once you have it in the panel, then it's just pressing it in and giving your fingers a breather every now and then.

#170 ·
U have a 2008 i have an 07, my gaps are stupid huge, the stuff slips right out, and doesnt hold to the curves very well, i may have to use some cheaper glue to keep them in cuz a simple bump in the road will shake them out

#173 ·
I used an old plastic membership card to help wedge the tighter gaps.

It seemed like some places it was easy to push in, and others I needed the card to help.

#178 ·
I just ordered mine last night, thanks to Ddadyy for pointing this mod out to me! It will be my first mod on my new 14 R/T!

#186 ·
It's nice to see different colors other than red. That's why I picked Plum Crazy. That turquoise looks pretty darn good!

#188 ·
So i know everybody gets the red liner for the black interior, so it's not uncommon. But i wanted to post this because it's the first mod to my brand new 14 R/T and I'm stoked. Just got the package in the mail today and got right to it. I really like the way it looks. I ordered 4 yards and only got the dash and 2 front doors so I'll need to order more for the back doors, but I'm loving it.

Attachments

#189 ·
I ordered 4 yards and only got the dash and 2 front doors so I'll need to order more for the back doors, but I'm loving it.
Get 2 more. I originally ordered 5 and still needed at least a half yard more to finish all 4 doors.

That's 6 yards total, kids. Order 6 and save yourself some time. :beerchug:

#191 · (Edited)
I guess if you want to take this a step further, you could do this (NOT MINE):

That was done using "EL Wire"

#195 ·
As I mentioned, it is called "EL Wire" and is available from multiple sources.

Unfortunately, I have not worked with it, but there should be websites online that will tell you how to install it!

Google something like "EL Wire Car" and you can see other images online on what people have done with it in their car!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.