Charger Forums banner

Is the Daytona going to be more of a collector car than the others?

13K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  CtCarl 
#1 ·
There are only a few special edition cars... one is the black top, the Daytona of course and I guess you could say the SRT8's. Will the Daytona be a collectors car later ... or even just hold it's value better in general? Opinions?

#2 ·
been beaten to death a few times...

IF it will be a "collectible" car, you will have to wait 2-3 decades. Today's market price will put a slight higher value on a Daytona over an equivalent R/T RT with same mileage. The other issue you run into, high impact colors are not usually desired by most owners.

#4 ·
Probably the rarest charger model was the 2006 Silver Srt8, less than 100 were made.

But, will they be collectors items, probably not.
Old classics were muscle cars and just cars. Today's muscle cars are also high tech machines, machines that the tech will be useless, unsupportable crap in 30 years. So no modern muscle car will be a collectors item.

#7 ·
Probably the rarest charger model was the 2006 Silver Srt8, less than 100 were made.
Other than the only one GoMango 2006 SRT8 Charger.

#8 ·
I remember my parents laughing when I tried to talk them out of trading their 1969 Super-B in on a 1978 Grand Marquis. I wanted the car of course, but my argument with them surrounded the car's collector status. I knew it would be a collector's item. They laughed at me. They got $300.00 for the trade. I offered them my $500.00 savings to stop the deal. They shut me up and proceded to close the deal.

Cars like it sell for $30K+ in unrestored condition today. Restored versions sell for $50K+.

#6 ·
IMO, anything that's 25 to 30 years old in very good condition regardless of the technology is rare and collector's item. A VERY rare item probably not. But let's say in 2030 if you still have a Charger with a Hemi (all trims). 2006 original paint, original rims, and maybe under 100k. I say it would be worth some value. Like finding a 60's Ferrari in a barn in BFE, probably not.

Sent from Galaxy.....S4 that is

#12 ·
Maybe in 2030:
A 2006 GoMango Charger Daytona in mint condition with less then 10K :grin2:

#10 ·
speaking of rare modern LX's... I almost bought an '08 Chally SRT B5 Manual, ultra low mileage. It was just a little bit more than I was prepared to spend.

#11 ·
I think the 08 Maggie SRT8 is going for premium....It would be worth something..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.