Charger Forums banner

Heavy Acceleration and Bogging Down

10K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Vuhdoo 
#1 ·
Yesterday while coming home I went to pass someone doing 60MPH in the left lane (hate that so much) and when I accelerated the car bogged down then accelerated like normal. I tried to make it happen again by doing heavy accelerations but it never bogged down again. This is the second time in the span of a month its happened, both on heavy acceleration.

My gas tank was full so unless the pump or filter has failed already im not convinced its fuel related. Also, this happened on 2 separate tanks of gas so I fell that rules out bad gas. What else would cause something like that?

Is this something I should be worried about or chalk it up as a random event?

Thanks for the help :beerchug:

#3 ·
Did the car downshift? If so, did it start pulling hard and then bog down, or just bogged down right away?

#5 ·
Downshift, bog down, I let off the gas a bit in a WTF moment, then it took off

#6 ·
I'm not really sure what you mean by bog down, but if it downshifted at 60 MPH and it didn't immediately increase RPM and accelerate or start engine braking, sounds like the trans didn't engage properly.

#7 ·
I tried to find a video and this is the best I could come up with. You only have to watch the first 15 seconds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52ZPBGBCvF0

Normally at full throttle the trans will downshift, RPMs rise, motor screams and unleashes all her fury on left lane slowpokes. What Im referring to is like what I described previously. Full throttle, RPMs drop (exact number I remember) motor noticeably struggles for a second, then accelerates like normal.

Hope that helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.