Charger Forums banner

Staggered wheels and tires, opinions?

7K views 25 replies 8 participants last post by  WideBlueEyes 
#1 · (Edited)
What's up fellas!

I have a question, I'm getting these wheels in 20s.

Rim Alloy wheel Wheel Spoke Tire

I have the option of running a staggered package, 8.5s up front and 10.5s behind.

Is anyone running this type of setup or know any of the pros and cons with it?

Tire Synthetic rubber Automotive tire Auto part Wheel

Planning on running these tires (toyo proxes 4), anyone know about these? They got good reviews and I need an all season tire.

Thanks for the input.
-Adam

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
It appears the bolt pattern on these wheels is 5x114.3; the pattern on our Chargers is 5x115. The difference, although slight, might result in misaligned seating of the lug nut and unusual stresses on the stud. Some run 5x114.3 wheels anyway and report no problems.

The offsets indicated for these wheels are not typical for our cars. Particularly the 20x10.5 35mm offset would probably require a spacer to fit properly.

There are other better choices available.

#5 ·
OEM 20x8 wheels have an offset of 24mm. If you go with the 20x10.5 35mm ET wheels on the rear, you will almost surely need to use a spacer to avoid interference with suspension and/or brake components. The size of the spacer needed will also depend on the tire you decide to use.

I have 20x10.5 25mm offset rear wheels with 275/40 tires and they fit fine.

Personally, if it were me, I would look for wheels that provided a better fitment without the need for spacers.

#8 ·
Why not just run 20x9's and 275x40 all way around?

#10 · (Edited)
I want to say thank you to everyone who responded with valuable info and thoughts.

I've ordered my wheels and tires and they will be arriving Friday!

I went with the Motive Luxury Alloys 410 mb. 20" x 8.5" on all four corners. Machined face with satin black pockets.

This is what they will look like on the car.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Bumper

Going with the 5x115 bolt pattern (of course) with a 20mm offset.

The rubber will be Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus. 245/ 45 R20s. Tire Automotive tire Wheel Rim Auto part

Text Yellow Font Line Parallel

I will post pictures of everything Friday once it's all said and done.

Thanks again...
-Adam

Attachments

#16 ·
love the wheels! would you consider lowering it? I think that will complete the look if u do.

#19 ·
I think you really do need to lower the car. What size tires are those?

Changing the springs (and ride height) will not change the relative position of the upper control arm ball joint bolt and your tire.

#22 ·
Got a better picture when I got home tonight, there is a good size gap, but honestly, it doesn't bother me enough to lower it before winter.

Tire Alloy wheel Automotive tire Wheel Rim

Light

That's a box of shorts just for reference.

Alloy wheel Rim Tire Wheel Automotive tire

But I will say this, this is a completely different car with these goodyears on it!

I went for a "spirited" drive after work on a road I was unfamiliar with. I was going over a hill entirely to fast considering I didn't know the road that well and came up on a sharp blind right hander. I didn't panic stop, but there is no doubt in my mind that i could not have made it through that turn with the tires I had before. These eagles are planted, grippy, and completely predictable. I honestly feel like there performance threshold is beyond mine as the driver.

I can't be happier.

(Also put foot well LEDs in today!)

Blue Light Electric blue Lighting Automotive lighting

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.