Charger Forums banner

Diablo CROM v.9r10 does not work

4K views 31 replies 9 participants last post by  thumper07 
#1 ·
It freezes when you try and change the tire size. It must be unplugged from the car and cold-booted.

Anybody else have this problem? I need to correct this before the new Mopar series starts.

I posted a new thread on Diablo's site but now reply yet.

Tom

#2 ·
I haven't used it yet. I'm still on v8. Hopefully it gets sorted out soon

#3 ·
I just talked to them on the phone. They already know about it and will have a new CROM on their website on Monday to fix it.

whew!!! :)

#9 ·
I uploaded the 9v10 CROM the other day and I don't like it.

I might go back to the 9r07 CROM that I was running before.

I don't like the shifting. Did you notice anuthing there?

It doesn't seem snappy like it was before. Seems very sluggish, almost like the stock shift points.

:(

-=FLEX=-

#10 ·
Why would DiabloSport do that? :slap:

My favorite thing about the Predator is the shifting.

#11 ·
Flex,

I didn't know they made any changes to the shift points or firmness. On Diablo's website, it has an explanation of why each revision was made. I didn't see anything regarding that.

I just uploaded the new revision because I got my cables in and wanted to make sure I new how to upload and download custom tunes for when I get my cam install.

I haven't driven it yet but I'll let you know after.

How do I get a previous CROM? Can I download an earlier version from somewhere?

Can you email me the 07?

#12 ·
I know the revision detail doesn't say anything about shift firmness changes, but for sure somehting is different.

I still have the 9r07 CROM from when I downloaded it in August.

PM me your e-mail addy and I will send it to you.

-=FLEX=-

#13 ·
Look how fast my thread gets trashed :) :) :)

PM sent, Flex. Thanks!

#15 ·
I sent you an e-mail with the 9r07 CROM attached.

Don't forget to put your car back to stock before uploading it to the Predator.

-=FLEX=-

#16 ·
I wont, thanks! I'm going to dinner now so I'll take it for a test ride and post my thoughts.

#17 ·
Had I realized how stupidly simple the serial kit was, I would have just went to Radio Shack. I thought, for 40 dollars, that I was getting something special.

USB cable and 12V power supply? A little disappointed in the price, but..oh well.

#18 ·
Yeah, exactly.

-=FLEX=-

#19 ·
Back from dinner. It was fun taking my Doberman to the touristy area. Everybody loves him so much. We sat at a nice dinner table out side at a Greek restaurant and I give him Feta cheese :) One by one everyone comes over to hug my dog. It's so funny!!

I'm comparing the new CROM to the 04 I had before. The throttle response SEEMS much better. As if they remapped the a/f a little.

But yes, the 1st to 2nd gear shift feels soft. I wonder if they are aware of this.

2nd to 3rd seemed okay.

I'm going to post a comment on the Diablo forum about the 1st to 2nd shift and see what they say.

Flex, is the 07 a/f ratio feel better than the older CROMS? If so, I'll download the 07 and email them about the 10.

Tom

#20 ·
I'm still using 9r08 .... don't see any reason to change until I see people gushing over another version ... :grin:

I do have some of the older crom files if anybody wants them ... :)

#21 ·
Not to hijack, but I'm still on r18 (released Nov 2007 ..lol) Is any revision after that worth upgrading to?

#22 ·
Don't change ... i wish I was still on r18 ...

#25 ·
There was a big change in for r06. New a/f and timing. Here's their list of changes for each revision.

Release 9r07 (Fix for Quick adjust change made in r06) 08-20-08 9r07
Release 9r06 (support for new 06 5.7L and 08 srt8 jeep calids, ALL tunes adjusted for better launch and better fuel economy, SRT8 LX cars better wot shifts, shift points removed for 08's) 08-20-08 9r06
Release 9r05 (Fix for screen going blank after an update) 07-23-08 9r05
Release 9r04 (Fix for QA menu getting stuck on cycle key message if adjusted right after a backup has been taken) 04-01-08 9r04
Release 9r03 (Added support for new 2006 & 2008 5.7L calids, added more gear ratio choices, added more shift points for 5.7L's, added more autostick disable options) 03-31-08 9r03
Release 9r02 (internal update, NO TUNING CHANGES) 03-11-08 9r02
Release 9r01 (Fix calibration update for early 05's, Fix for import of custom tune before backup is taken, Rear 02 config parameter edited to delete all codes for rear 02's) 03-05-08 9r01
Release 20 (Fix for import of unsupported calid custom tune before taking a backup) 01-30-08 r20
Release 19 (Support for MY2008 vehicles, updated calids for 07 vehicles, Jeep AWD fix,tunes revised,axle ratio QA added, NOTE: 07 5.7L's will require you to do a calibration update after updating to this revision) 01-28-08 r19
Release 18 (Idle surge fix, Autostick fix for 06-07 5.7L,Autstick feature removed from 07 SRT8, Live data export fix, support for 06 jeep srt8(export),MBT spark adjustment added, knock sensor parameter removed) 11-19-07 r18

#26 ·
So since I got my predator 2 weeks ago, installed tune on the 21st of December and got new tires today, I can't change tire size until monday because i'm on the 9r08? I just want clarification.

#27 · (Edited)
No. It's the new 9r10 that they're having problems with. I JUST reloaded 9r07 and the tire size module worked fine.

I wouldn't suggest updating to 9r10. There aren't any modifications to the new CROM that effect you.

#28 ·
Ok that helps a little, but perhaps maybe I'm new enough to the predator that I'm running the 9r10?

#29 ·
When you turn it on, it displays the loaded version at the top of the screen :)

#30 · (Edited)
when you plug your Diablo in, at the top of the main menu screen it will have what revision you're running.

Edit: "yeah.................what he ^^^ said" :)

The 9r10's date is December 10th so I'd imagine it would be pretty tough for you to have that revision on a tuner you just bought that was probably sitting on a shelf for 2 months. But, ya' never know :)

#31 ·
ok checked my version, i'm running 9r04, and i was able to change my tire size

#32 ·
Wow, really? That's so funny. I was running that same version this morning and just got my serial cables UPS today so I went online and downloaded 9r10 and then went back to 9r07.

Nothing wrong with 9r04. I ran it for 8 months. They revised the air/fuel ratios on version 9r06. Play with 9r04 for a while and then upgrade to a later version. Nothing technically wrong with 9r04 though. Like I said, I ran it for 8 months and even ran my fastest time at the track with that CROM.

Yes, you can change your tire size.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.