Charger Forums banner

My 2015 SRT

16K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  B5ScatPack 
#1 ·
My car arrived 2 weeks ago, but between the crappy weather and me being out of town, this evening was the first chance I had to take pics. Sorry about the poor quality, but bright sun and a black car do not mix. But you get the idea. There's also a pic of my debadged trunk lid. I have a Volant CAI for it, and that's probably the only mod I'll make. The exhaust, suspension and wheels are good to go as-is in my opinion.

See less See more
#3 ·
Looks good! I really like the wheel color combo with the car. But I will gripe...can't believe you held out on us after all the excitement for you! Ok I'm done ?

2014 phantom black rt max

#5 ·
Very Nice. Congrats.

First impressions???

#7 · (Edited)
Here's some better pics I took this morning.

Flex, as far as first impressions, this is my first SRT, so my only comparison is to my 2014 RT Blacktop. I love the ride. It's much better in standard mode than my 2014 RT, and handles better in sport mode... the best of both worlds. The sound from the active exhaust is bad ass. Most people jump when it fires up, it really growls at first then settles down. No need to change exhaust.

The 8-speed and the aggressive fuel-economy tuning is going to take some getting used to. Most of the time in town it tachs below 1800 RPM. A little higher in sport mode. But the fuel economy should be good. I haven't driven it enough to tell, but assume it will be. I also don't have enough miles on it to have nailed it yet, so I can't speak for the performance. But I'm sure it will be more than adequate, and much better than my RT.

The standard stereo is crap, especially compared to the Beats system in my RT. I wish I would have spent the money on the HK system, but I'm a tightwad. Besides, I don't use it that much. The exhaust is music to me.

The body style is growing on me, but I'm not 100% sold on the front end. I'm sure it will be fine in time. The seats aren't much of an improvement over the RT, which is disappointing. The paint overall is good. I found a few nitpicks, but most people will never see them. The build quality seems to be good, no squeaks or rattles or anything that jumps out at me so far.

I had originally intended to order a Scat Pack. But based on the suspension alone, I'm glad I upgraded to the SRT. It was a lot more coin, but it also brings a lot more to the table. I'm a happy camper.

#8 ·
Thanks for that. I got mine loaded up with everything but the black roof and red seatbelts.

I'm really wondering how I'll like the 8-speed. I always thought my 2010 needed another gear, but for overdrive.

Looks like mine has been delayed yet again waiting for the truck to fill up with cars coming this way.

I should have ordered it from a dealer where I live instead of where I work.

Anyway how come you left the Dodge on the rear when you debadged?

#11 ·
Very sharp. Congrats. Also love the rims.

#13 ·
I showed Mrs Flex these pics last night and she really likes it.

Part of me is regretting not getting black again...

#14 ·
I dunno... I saw a Challenger SRT at the dealer in Jazz Blue, and with the black chrome (or whatever they're called) SRT wheels, it looked awesome. It was a hard decision for me to choose between JB and black, but the other half just got a dark blue Mustang, and I didn't want to do the "me too" thing, so I went with black.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.