Charger Forums banner

Interior detailing Products

5K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  GraceMan 
#1 · (Edited)
Two questions:

Update: What about a wax or polish? Any thoughts? I currently use Surf City Garage Black Edge detailer but have not put an actual coat of wax on it yet.

1. What do you guys use on the dashpads and plastic/vinyl pieces of your interior?

2. What about the leather portions of the RT seats? Any products to steer me towards?

#3 ·
Ive been using Mothers VLR and I think it works good. I have been wanting to try BNDs products though. When I need some more Aces Im giving them a try.

as mentioned above, I've seen Areospace and AutoGlym recommended a lot here as well.

#4 ·
For plastics and vinyl I use Turtle Wax Ice Interior, been using it since day one, no cracks or weird fading on my interior pieces :thumbsup:

#5 ·
What you want is to understand what your dash and interior pieces are made of. PVC or poly vinyl chloride and thermoplastics. These materials are really affected by UVA, UVB and Ozone. UVA and UVB are from the Sun and Ozone is inherent in the atmosphere. Sometimes known as ground level ozone!

UVA turns red into pink colors while UVB degrades the plastic and vinyl chains allowing out gassing onto the windshield. This is what that hazy look is on the inside of the windshield.....like someone was smoking. Every time you see this, just know that the vinyl, plastic and rubber pieces are a little more brittle than they were in the past.

Ozone happens whether in a bright sunlight or in a garage with no windows under a car cover. Ozone destroys everything. This is what causes dry rot. Why tires which aren't used turns gray from sitting.

What we developed in the QuantumBlue Vinyl and Leather Protector is the most powerful UVA and UVB application product on the market....period. Also it is the most powerful anti-zone product available on the market as well. Contains much more active ingredients and sunlight quenchers than anything else you can buy.

You add QuantumBlue Vinyl, plastic, leather and rubber protector to a surface....dash, plastic, leather, rubber, headlights, taillights, fog light plastic.....everything...but fabric.

We provide 3 applicator sponges to go with it as you spray it in the sponges and not on paper towels or cloths. Since it is a water based amino-copolymer, if the sponge gets dirty, simply wash it out, dry it to damp with a paper towel, spray the QB Protector into the sponge and continue.

Great too for tires and underhood components!

Special this month is $26.95 for a quart.:beerchug:

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

#10 ·
I wanted to mention that I previously did not is that Turtle Wax Ice Interior doesn't leave any greasy residue and has a nice satin/matte finish and smells good to boot :beerchug:

#11 ·
1. If you can find it, Eagle One Nano-Protect dressing is excellent. Great coverage and no greasy residue at all. If that is not available, Mothers or Meguiars are always good bets too.

2. Lexol cleaner and conditioner. I apple the cleaner with a soft bristle shoe brush that's been dipped in warm water, towel dry, then apply conditioner in a similar manner as dash dressing. Be sure to work with the grain of the seats and allow plenty of time for it to soak in.

#12 ·
I've been using Meguiars, interior and exterior, for years. When I traded my '07 Charger, after 6 years, she still looked new.

#13 ·
I had been using Liquid Glass Connoisseur's Choice with Mink oil... both the cleaner then the protectant..... works on everything but fabric... smells nice to me.. over powering to wifeee...

The more products I use the more gas from them accumulates on the interior of the glass.... I try to use my sun shade both night and day to let the gasses from the plastic and the gasses and or vapors from the product collect on it rather than the glass... this seems to mitigate it somewhat.. but is an issue no matter what I use.... so it's sort of a save the dash cloud the windshield sort of deal...

Some of the products leave the door seals looking great but ultimately cause them to stick to the metal frame as the temp goes up.... not good.... and where I live it's not practical to leave the doors open for an our or so so the product can cure/dry... anyway....

#14 ·
Most all products off the shelf come with either a wax, a distillate or an oil like silicone.

What you have to do with your plastic that out gasses is to apply a quencher to the surface to stop the heat. When we developed the QuantumBlue Vinyl Protector, we found that UVA, UVB and ozone were the greatest threats to the surface. We came up with an amino-copolymer that would lock into the surface and become a sacrificial molecule. The UV would eat our protector and not the surface under it. Also it is a water based product so it isn't greasy or oily at all. You can drive down the road with the windows open and not get fuzz all over your freshly protected surface.

Stops that haze that you get on the windshield too!

Keeps a really nice surface look without being overly shiny or wet to the touch.

You may find that the QB is the best option to protect what you have!:beerchug:

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

#15 ·
I've been using 303, and mothers for years. All good stuff.

Nearly all give the same half done look as Brian posted. Used 303 to protect a soft top that 10 years was like new.

Not sure who else has a track record like that but I was sold. When I need UV protection I stick with 303.

Stay away from everything armorall.

#18 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.