Charger Forums banner

Attn: 2006 - 2010 awd owners

813 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  10RTawd 
#1 · (Edited)
Attn: 2006 - 2010 awd r/t owners

I just verified the key trick does indeed disable the traction control and the awd. I just did a quick 2 second burnout in my 2010 r/t awd! Photo proof below.

#3 ·
Seeing as these cars have electronic traction control and all wheel drive I guess I shouldn't be surprised they don't have limited slip differentials. Don't really need a limited slip with computer assisted traction. Unfortunately it makes for only a left rear wheel smoke show. :p

#4 ·
It looks like they both burned, just one more than the other. That's typical with the Brake Lock Differential system.

The most effective AWD systems need each wheel to drive and brake independently.

That's also why it's called AWD and not 4WD. ;)

#5 ·
both the brake lock differential system and the all wheel drive were disabled by the key trick. That's pure open rear diff action right there and the reason why the right rear wheel stopped spinning as soon as it grabbed some traction.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.