Charger Forums banner

Police push bar available for Chargers

36K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  Wisco420 
#1 · (Edited)

Black police Chargers with massive push bars definitely have something mean and brutal that attracts a lot of muscle car enthusiasts.

The key element of it's appearance is definitely the push bar. It is a stylish, yet functional element that not only make your charger look tougher, but will provide from some minor collision or dents on the parking lot or in traffic.

Push bars are available for 2006-2010 and 2014-2015 Dodge Charger

Click here to choose a push bar for your model:
http://www.carid.com/dodge-charger-push-bars/

The price is only $143.28 for 06-10 models
and $310.02 and up for 14-15 models

If your charger is not black and you want it look like a real police interceptor, try Plasti-dip paint at any local body shop.

Other projects in this style:

Let me know what is your shipping zip code and I will calculate the quote for you!

Gentlemen, please share your thoughts!

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
Not to be a naysayer, but if you put one of these on your Charger where I live, people will be slamming on their brakes to slow down every time they meet you on the road. And rural small town police may pull you over for impersonating the police. You will pay for it too when you go before the rural small town judge. To me this is just a very problematic mod.

But hey, what do I know? Just had to put in my two cents for what they're worth. ;)

Reactions: seabbott and Slidd
#6 ·
It definitely makes sense, so think about it before pulling a trigger.

The prices are different because one product is made by Steelcraft for 06-10 models and the other product is made by Westin for 14-15 models.

These the push bars have different shape, structure and mountings:

SteelCraft® - Black Police Push Bumper

Westin® - Push Bar Elite

With this push bar you can either get the center section only or the side guards and wing wraps for extra cost.

#9 ·
You cannot be charged with impersonating a police officer by simply having a push bar. Now if you put blue/red leds on the front and side's of the push bar and turned them on than that is a different story. I read an article where a guy decked his charger out to look identical to a police cruiser with the sirens, light bars, decals, except on the back it says "protect and enslave" instead of "protect and serve". Local PD pulled him over and charged him with impersonating a police officer and the judge said he was innocent since he did not have the emergency lights on and since the car didn't identically look like a police cruiser. A lot of Dodge dealerships will sell retired police cruisers to the public still with the light bars on the top of the car and with the sirens still installed. It takes more than similarity to be impersonating an officer.

Reactions: GTO_04
#10 ·
Would be awesome, especially if you have a white or black Charger. People would get out of your way so fast, but I'm sure some cops won't be too enthused. While not illegal, I'm sure 1 or 2 will make it a point to give you shit about it. Tempting, but I don't like to give the boys in blue a reason to fuss with me Lol.

#11 ·
Reactions: CARiD
#16 ·
I don't think anyone is going to mistake this for "Impersonating an Officer"...

Bet if I put that bar in front of my white 08, aside from the SLP exhaust note and the lack of steelies, people would be getting out of my way [emoji6]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.