Charger Forums banner

Installed Mopar Hidden Hitch

5K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  DC2010 
#1 ·
I've been looking since Spring of last year to get a hidden hitch installed on my Charger so that I would be able to use it for hauling bicycles every once in a while. I ordered a new one at that time but then learned that the hitch was first backordered, then the status was changed to discontinued. I was told that Chrysler would likely find another supplier for the hitch, so I decided to wait.

The wait is now over. I ordered my new hidden hitch and ball mount adapter and it was installed last week. I have yet to try it out with the bicycle rack, but it does look nice. The hitch is hidden except for about an inch that sticks down that you can only see if you are stooping down to look at it. (I noticed this is just enough space for them to attach a sticker regarding towing capacity.)

For any of you looking to purchase this hitch, the part number is 82213643. The part number for the ball mount adapter is 82213549.

I have attached some pictures below...

From eye level:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sedan Coupé

From crouched position:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Trunk

Close up:

Black Text Sky Atmosphere Font

See less See more
#7 ·
That is really too bad. I can't believe they've already discontinued that hitch that I bought, after having to wait for it, because it was apparently a new part at that time to replace the previous version.

Good luck to you in finding another hitch.

#6 ·
They show up from time to time...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.