Charger Forums banner

Charger day today!

3K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  HemiChemi 
#1 ·
Well - a good day for spotting Chargers today (compared with past weeks).

1 x RT - two guys - drove up next to them (I had just been to Best Buy off Bryant Irvine in Ft Worth for the camera) gave the thumbs up and got a response.

1 x GoManGo Daytona with two POB crossed the lights in front of me as I was heading for Vickory in Ft Worth! Did wave, but not sure if I was seen!

Had a great drive to Munday, Tx today, for no reason other than it's there!

I am tired - beer and steak tonight methinks! :happy:

#2 ·
arfur said:
Well - a good day for spotting Chargers today (compared with past weeks).

1 x RT - two guys - drove up next to them (I had just been to Best Buy off Bryant Irvine in Ft Worth for the camera) gave the thumbs up and got a response.

1 x GoManGo Daytona with two POB crossed the lights in front of me as I was heading for Vickory in Ft Worth! Did wave, but not sure if I was seen!

Had a great drive to Munday, Tx today, for no reason other than it's there!

I am tired - beer and steak tonight methinks! :happy:
Nifty mate! I had filet mingon for lunch with veggies and water with a touch of chlorine in it. :wink: :happy:

#4 ·
jrtman said:
Filet Mignon and chlorine water, eh? Did you stop at Hardee's and get a free water after leaving the restaraunt? :lol:
LOL! Nope, worse, this was lunch at the Hyatt in Orlando for a company banquet. The steak melted in your mouth, fortunately they had some bottled water to wash it down with. Buy a filter you cheap bast*rds. :wink: :happy:

#5 ·
mmaloy said:
LOL! Nope, worse, this was lunch at the Hyatt in Orlando for a company banquet. The steak melted in your mouth, fortunately they had some bottled water to wash it down with. Buy a filter you cheap bast*rds. :wink: :happy:
LOL - the one thing that I have picked up quickly since moving here - do not drink that Adam's Ale, or Tapolene, that comes out of your 'faucets'. It tastes like it's being pumped from a swimming pool!

I have my own large supply of bottled.

BTW - steak was nice - so were the grilled onions! :happy:

#6 ·
arfur said:
LOL - the one thing that I have picked up quickly since moving here - do not drink that Adam's Ale, or Tapolene, that comes out of your 'faucets'. It tastes like it's being pumped from a swimming pool!

I have my own large supply of bottled.

BTW - steak was nice - so were the grilled onions! :happy:
Good deal my freind! :wink:

#7 ·
Arf,

You can get a reverse-osmosis unit for your house/apartment for ~$150-200 and get water good enough to do chemistry with...

This one is too expensive ($300), but gives you an idea...

#8 ·
HemiChemi said:
Arf,

You can get a reverse-osmosis unit for your house/apartment for ~$150-200 and get water good enough to do chemistry with...

This one is too expensive ($300), but gives you an idea...
That's a good idea - would depend on the plumbing as I am renting an apartment in a complex and they might not want me to ......redesign the water system... :wink:

Oh - I see that it says easy to install.....where have I heard that before?!?! :happy:

#9 ·
arfur said:
That's a good idea - would depend on the plumbing as I am renting an apartment in a complex and they might not want me to ......redesign the water system... :wink:

Oh - I see that it says easy to install.....where have I heard that before?!?! :happy:
It's SO easy, even a CHEMIST can do it. You're an engineer, right? You gonna let a sissified chemist show you up? :wink:

You can either plumb in a compression-fitting t-connector in the supply line to the kitchen faucet (which can easily be replaced when you move out) or use a vampire tap on one of the copper pipes (maybe in your service closet). Most RO systems I've seen use 1/4" OD polyethylene supply tubing, like refrigerator ice-makers do. In fact, if your refrigerator has an ice-maker supply, just tee onto that!

The nice thing about these is they can fit under the kitchen sink. Use the hole in the sink that's used for the little dish-sprayer thingie (which nobody ever uses anyway) for the RO tap.

It beats having to buy/schlep bottles of water around by a country mile. :happy:

#11 ·
arfur said:
I'll look into it - does seem to make sense :happy:
Sears sells 'em, too... You won't be sorry.:happy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.