Charger Forums banner

2007 Charger SXT 3.5 P0301 car shakes on idle but not over 1000rpm

3K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Jassmix 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I picked up a 2007 Dodge Charger SXT 3.5 with a misfire and a bunch of codes; I managed to get all codes resolved by doing the following;

1) Spark Plugs / Coils
2) all 4 O2 sensors
3) Egr replacement
4) Maf
5) Throttle body replacement
6) SeaForm
7) Checked for leaks

I'm down to one last code p0301 and the car still misfires / shakes on idle but not over 1000 RPM

I did compression test and all checks out ok - after reading / research through many forums / blogs Im down to two things;
its either the Fuel Injector or PCM.

Just wanted someone to confirm if Im over looking something

Cheers!

See less See more
#4 ·
Most likely it's the cam position sensor but you might as well do the crank position sensor too. They won't throw independent codes, P0301 is usually all you get.

Do these before you chase anything else. Trust me, I chased a random P0301 code for nearly 2 years before I figured it out with several hours of data logging at the dealer to determine that they were cycling out of sync with each other and the PCM. Replaced the cam sensor first and it fixed everything. I did the crank sensor a few weeks later just as added insurance.

It's been good now for 3 years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.