Charger Forums banner

What did you do to your charger today?

1M views 7K replies 716 participants last post by  Random69 
#1 ·
saw this on the LX so i thought I'd start one here,

cleaned it from the inside and outside and about to buy a catch can :D

what did you do?

#3,515 ·
I hope they have plastic liners or the aluminum will react with the metal of the valve stem and corrode it to dust. Don't mix metals on valve stems. Trust me, I've seen it happen and it sucks when you have to replace a TPMS module as a result.

#3,517 · (Edited)
It shut down on me on the way home from work. Had been making a "whining" noise...

Towed it to my house. Look into replacing the alternator tomorrow... yay.

(pretty crazy how it happened too)

Battery light came on, fog lights turned off.
ESP lights came on, heater turned on. No controls over ac. Brake light came on. Power started to go. Lost function of the gas pedal. Boom. Game over. Luckily in the right lane, and was able to limp... very slowly into a parking lot.

#3,518 ·
Took the alternator out, took it to auto zone and had them test it. Not sure if it even made it all the way through the test before it failed out. Thing was busted up good.

Got the new (refurb) alternator, had them charge up my battery.

All is good.

Saved some serious $$$ doing it myself. Not difficult at all.

Reactions: Razorx
#3,528 ·
It's because Chrysler had a bad history with transmissions for a while and in order to correct it, they made the tranny to be Dealer service only (like it says on the cap). They removed the Dipstick to compel owners to bring their cars in to have fluid level checked and have tranny service done at the Dealer.

Enthusiasts like us may do a good job on tranny maintenance, but Joe Average car owner won't... and they don't want the corner service station or Jiffy Lube doing it either.

It might be overkill on Chrysler's part now that the trannies are better, but you can't really blame them for wanting to control the situation.

Reactions: GTO_04
#3,532 · (Edited)
Hi Guys! Been a Long time!!!

So This happened today

sorry its blurry, cheap iPhone camera at highway speed lol

thats KMs not Miles

Also, Meanwhile in Canada:

100,000 K and still beasting canadian roads

#3,535 ·
Put on some new smoked corners....someone either hit or kicked one of my corners and trashed my custom corner.

#3,537 · (Edited)
DUAL - 2.5" CAT-BACK SYSTEM - SUPER TURBO™ MUFFLERS

Very interesting - can't say I've heard of any other Charger with this set up.

What's the drone like in the interior?

What does the butt dyno tell you? I read somewhere that X-pipes help 'improve' mid to upper range power but takes away from lower end torque?...don't hold me to this though.

Any reason you chose this over the Dynomax VT mufflers?

#3,543 ·
Cool! Look forward to the pics!

It beats the hell out of the mod I did today.

I warmed the car up after we got a couple of inches of snow and headed down the road. About 15 seconds after the snow on the hood started blowing across my windshield...BAM!...a giant crack appeared across the windshield dead center running from one side all the way to the other.

A small stone chip on the passenger edge in the blacked out area that couldn't be seen from inside the car was apparently the culprit.

Time for a new windshield.

:frown2:

#3,549 ·
The Danko parts (fenders, tails and rear diffuser) will go on in a couple of months along with some other exterior mods to go with it. Some secret stuff in the works :ninja:

I'm still debating the powertrain mods. I'd really like to drop a supercharger on it but a lot will depend on finances in the next few months. If things go really well, it may become a larger build. ;)

Then I will decide if this car becomes a hobby machine and a new '15 for my next daily driver. If that's the case, I may choose the standard SRT instead of the Hellcat. To add further complication, I found the hood I would want for a 300 SRT so perhaps a gently used '14 300 SRT will be on the plate.

So much is in flux right now...

Attachments

Reactions: POWERMAN
#3,558 ·
What did i do today ?

i spent more money that i dont have on a intune + Hemi fever custom tune
>:) hoping to get a front cross brace next .

#3,559 ·
Lined the new wheels up against the car for a teaser shot. If it wasn't so damn cold out I'd put the new suspension set up and wheels on. Come on Spring!!! I can't take this single digit weather ugh.

#3,564 ·
Damn Powerman looks sweet! I'll put my picks up anyway ?.

BC racing coilovers installed.
Before:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Rim

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Tire

After and wayyyy dirty but I'm psyched! Pics aren't that great either.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Rim

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sedan Executive car

Also got the Corsa extreme with black tips installed.
Automotive exterior Bumper Automotive tire Tire Vehicle door

Overall really happy with the work the shop did ?

2014 phantom black rt max

Reactions: baller1015
#3,565 · (Edited)
Overall really happy with the work the shop did ��

What a difference!
Love it!

Did you have any issues with negative camber after the drop?
Or will you be going back after a week or so for the final alignment once it settles in?

Throw up a vid of the corsa if time permits :beerchug:

Are you one to go for the flush look with regards to the fender?

#3,578 ·
I got my windshield replaced yesterday (it's nice to have clean glass again) and took it back today to have them reposition the passenger side wiper blade (they had it about 2" too high in the home position).

Safelight has been great and they didn't bat an eye when I said wanted the wiper moved. In fact they were very interested in seeing the pictures I had in my archives of where it should be for future reference when they do other Charger windshield replacements.

These guys did my last windshield replacement almost 4 years ago and the tech even remembered me and my car from when he did it last time. If you are near Springfield PA and need auto glass replacement or repair, these guys are great to work with! :bigthumb:

#3,580 ·
strut bar

I installed a Razors-edge front strut brace. I haven't noticed much difference yet. It seems you would have to drive aggressively, or even recklessly to tell if it works good. Although it seems to help when pulling out and turning at an intersection, when gassing it. The install wasn't too bad, looks good.